Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Voice and Communication Therapy for the Transgender/Transsexual Client: A Comprehensive Clinical Guide.Plural Publishing, San Diego, CA2006
- Voice treatment for the male-to-female transgendered client.Am J Speech Lang Pathol. 1999; 8: 201-208
- The relationship between ratings of voice quality and quality of life measures.J Voice. 2004; 18: 183-192
- Reliability of clinician-based (GRBAS and CAPE-V) and patient-based (V-RQOL and IPVI) documentation of voice disorders.J Voice. 2007; 21: 576-590
- Vocal improvement after voice therapy in unilateral vocal fold paralysis.J Voice. 2008; 22: 113-118
- Vocal perception and life quality.Pro Fono. 2007; 19: 19-28
- Emotional symptoms are secondary to the voice disorder in patients with spasmodic dysphonia.Gen Hosp Psychiatry. 1998; 20: 255-259
- Voice function and quality of life—patients with laryngeal carcinoma following minimal-invasive laser surgery and function voice rehabilitation.Laryngorhinootologie. 2005; 84: 253-260
- Physical appearance and voice in male-to-female transsexuals.J Voice. 2001; 15: 570-575
- The Voice Handicap Index: development and validation.Am J Speech Lang Pathol. 1997; 6: 66-70
- Multidisciplinary approach to treatment.in: Benninger M.S. Jacobson B.H. Johnson A.F. Vocal Arts Medicine: The Care and Prevention of Professional Voice Disorders. Thieme Medical Publishers, New York, NY1993: 318-343
- Optimising outcome assessment of voice interventions, I: reliability and validity of three self-reported scales.J Laryngol Otol. 2007; 121: 763-767
- Manual of Voice Treatment: Pediatrics Through Geriatrics.2nd ed. Singular Publishing Group, San Diego, CA1999
Hancock A, Owen K, Siegfriedt L, Brundage S. Reliability and validity of the transgender self-evaluation questionnaire. Paper presented at: Voice Foundation’s Annual Symposium; 2009; Philadelphia, PA.
- Perception of voice in the transgender client.J Voice. 2008; 22: 727-733
- Gender: a state of body or a state of mind?.GEMSNEWS. 1994; 17: 45
- Voice Quality Measurement.Singular Publishing, San Diego, CA2000
- Listening preferences for voice types as a function of age.J Commun Disord. 1991; 24: 157-171
Rockwell N (Painter). The waiting room [online image]. Retrieved October 1, 2008, from Google Images. Available at: http://sladept.com/artwork/5575
- Visual analogue measurement of pain.Ulster Med J. 1990; 59: 149-154
- A comparison of the reproducibility and the sensitivity to change of visual analogue scales, Borg scales, and Likert scales in normal subjects during submaximal exercise.Chest. 1999; 116: 1208-1217
- Gender differences in self-estimated intelligence and their relation to gender-role orientation.Eur J Pers. 2002; 16: 369-382
- Feminine after cricothyroid approximation?.J Voice. 2008; 22: 379-384
- Handbook of Parametric and Nonparametric Statistical Procedures.3rd ed. Chapman & Hall/CRC, Boca Raton, LA2003
Owen K, Hancock A. The role of self- and listener perceptions of femininity in voice therapy. International Journal of Transgenderism. [in press].
- Speech therapy in the management of male-to-female transsexuals.Folia Phoniatr Logop. 2009; 52: 220-227
- Aerodynamic analysis of male-to-female transgender voice.J Voice. 2006; 20: 251-262
- Intonation and fundamental frequency in male-to-female transsexuals.J Speech Hear Disord. 1990; 55: 43-50
- Consistency and reliability of voice quality ratings for different types of speech fragments.J Speech Hear Res. 1994; 7: 985