Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Voice
Relation of rebetiko song with traditional song and Byzantine music. The history of rebetiko page (in Greek). Available at: http://www.rebetiko.gr/history.php. Accessed September 16, 2012.
Modern Greek music. Wikipedia page (in Greek). Available at: http://el.wikipedia.org/wiki/. Accessed November 20, 2012.
- The Science of the Singing Voice.Northern Illinois University Press, DeKalb, IL1987 (76)
- Aerodynamic and acoustical measures of speech, operatic, and broadway vocal styles in a professional female singer.J Voice. 2003; 17: 283-297
- Comparisons of pharynx, source, formant, and pressure characteristics in operatic and musical theatre singing.J Voice. 1993; 7: 301-310
- Nasality in modal speech and twang qualities: physiologic, acoustic, and perceptual differences.J Acoust Soc Am. 1992; 92: 2340
- Relating objective measurements to expert evaluation of voice quality in western classical singing: critical perceptual parameters.J Voice. 1998; 12: 182-196
- Where is a singer's voice if it is placed “forward”?.J Voice. 2002; 16: 383-391
- Characterization of voice quality in western lyrical singing: from teacher's judgments to acoustic descriptions.J Interdiscipl Music Stud. 2007; 1: 62-91
- Acoustic Theory of Speech Production.Mouton, The Hague, The Netherlands1960
- The long-time-average spectrum as a tool in voice research.J Phonetics. 1986; 14: 471-475
- Long-term-average-spectrum characteristics of country singers during speaking and singing.J Voice. 2001; 15: 14-60
- A four-parameter model of glottal flow.STL-QPSR, KTH. 1985; 26: 1-13
- Effect on LTAS of vocal loudness variation.TMH-QPSR, KTH. 2003; 45: 93-100
- A physical definition of ‘good voice quality’ in the male voice.J Acoust Soc Am. 1934; 6: 25-33
Leino T. Long-term average spectrum study on speaking voice quality in male actors. In: Proceedings of the SMAC. Stockholm, Sweden; 1993:206–210.
- The speaker’s formant in male voices.J Voice. 1997; 11: 422-428
- The speaker's formant.J Voice. 2006; 20: 555-578
- Articulatory interpretation of the “singing formant”.J Acoust Soc Am. 1974; 55: 838-844
- Acoustic interpretation of resonant voice.J Voice. 2001; 15: 519-528
Bουρλή Αθ. Ο τρóπος αναγνώσεως – εκφωνήσεως των αγιογραφικών αναγνωσμάτων. ΕΠTΑΛΟΦΟΣ ΑΒΕΕ, Αθήνα, 2004; Σελ. 98. [In Greek language].
- Acoustic analysis of musical intervals in modern Byzantine Chant scales.J Acoust Soc Am. 2008; 124: EL262-EL269
Chryssochoidis G, Delviniotis D, Kouroupetroglou G. A semi-automated tagging methodology for Orthodox Ecclesiastic Chant Acoustic corpora. Proceedings of the Fourth Sound and Music Computing (SMC07) Conference; July 11–13, 2007; Lefkada, Greece, pp. 126–133.
- Registration of voice quality.Brüel Kjær Tech Rev. 1976; 3: 3-17
- Spectral characteristics of the three styles of Croatian folk singing.J Acoust Soc Am. 2006; 119: 1805-1816
- Vibrato extent and intonation in professional Western lyric singing.J Acoust Soc Am. 1997; 102: 616-621
- Elementary Teaching of Ecclesiastical Music.(Printed in Constantinople. Reprinted, 1978) Koultoura Editions, Athens, Greece1883 ([in Greek])
Delviniotis D. Byzantine chant analysis with signal processing techniques (in Greek). Dissertation, 2002, Athens (In Greek). Available at: http://thesis.ekt.gr/thesisBookReader/id/13220#page/130/mode/2up. p. 117. Accessed September 16, 2012.
Chrysanthos from Madytos. The Mega Theoreticon (in Greek). 1832. Michele Weis Press, Trieste. Available in digital form from ANEMI. The Digital Library of Modern Greek Studies. Available at: http://anemi.lib.uoc.gr/metadata/4/4/3/metadata-01-0000443.tkl. Accessed September 16, 2012.
- Psychology of Music.McGraw-Hill, New York, NY1938 (Reprinted, 1967)
- Acoustic and psychoacoustic aspects of vocal vibrato.STL-QPSR. 1994; 35: 45-68
- The Structure of Singing.Schirmer, New York, NY1996
- Singing: The Mechanism and the Technic.5th ed. Carl Fischer, New York, NY1967
- Long time average spectrum of speech and voice analysis.Folia Phoniatr. 1987; 39: 221-229
- Voice source differences between falsetto and modal registers in counter tenors, tenors and baritones.Logoped Phoniatr Vocol. 2001; 26: 26-36