Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Voice
- Sounding gay: pitch properties in the speech of gay and straight men.Am Speech. 1994; 69: 30-57
- The influence of sexual orientation on vowel production.J Acoust Soc Am. 2004; 116: 1905-1908
- Duration of onset consonants in gay male stereotyped speech.U Penn Working Papers in Linguistics. 1997; 4: 53-70
- Acoustic correlates of perceived versus actual sexual orientation in men's speech.Folia Phoniatr Logop. 1998; 50: 35-48
- Pitch characteristics of homosexual males.J Voice. 2011; 25: 211-214
Smyth R, Rogers H. Phonetics, Gender, and Sexual Orientation. Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the Canadian Linguistic Association; Montreal, Canada: L’Universite du Quebec au Montreal; 2002:299–311.
- The prevalence of lisping in gay men.J Commun Dis. 2009; 42: 100-106
- I Don't speak spritch: locating lesbian language.in: Livia A. Hall K. Finegan E. Queerly Phrased: Language, Gender, and Sexuality. Oxford University Press, New York, NY1997: 233-256
- Toward a study of lesbian speech.in: Livia A. Hall K. Finegan E. Queerly Phrased: Language, Gender, and Sexuality. Oxford University Press, New York, NY1997: 202-213
- Pitch range and women's sexual orientation.Word. 2001; 52: 69-77
Camp M. Japanese Lesbian Speech: Sexuality, Gender Identity, and Language. A Dissertation Submitted to the Faculty of the Department of East Asian Studies in Partial Fulfillment of the Requirements for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy In the Graduate College the University of Arizona. The University of Arizona Graduate College; 2009. Available at: http://arizona.openrepository.com/arizona/bitstream/10150/195371/1/azu_etd_10574_sip1_m.pdf. Last accessed May 10, 2013.
Boersma P, Weenink D. Praat, a system for doing phonetics by computer. (Version 5.1.04) [Computer program]; 2009. Available at: http://www.praat.org/. Last accessed May 10, 2013.
- Sexual Behavior in the Human Male.W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia, PA1948
- Fluctuating asymmetry and sexual orientation in men and women.Arch Sex Behav. 2008; 37: 150-157
- The Principles of the International Phonetic Association.Department of Phonetics, University College, London, UK1949
- Vocal aging and the impact on daily life: a longitudinal study.J Voice. 2004; 18: 193-202
- Two lavender issues for linguists.in: Livia A. Hall K. Finegan E. Queerly phrased: Language, gender, and sexuality. Oxford University Press, New York, NY1997: 21-34
- Research work of the Belgian Study Group on Voice Disorders.Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg. 1996; 50: 321-386
- Loose lips and silver tongues, or, projecting sexual orientation through speech.Lang Linguist Compass. 2007; 5: 416-449
- Phonation type as a stylistic variable: the use of falsetto in constructing a persona.J Sociolinguist. 2007; 11: 478-504