Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Voice
- What makes a good voice for radio: perceptions of radio employers and educators.J Voice. 2013; 27: 217-224
Foundation RH, White K. Australian Radio Stations 2012. Available at: http://www.radioheritage.net/Australia.asp. Last accessed May 16, 2013.
- Principles of Voice Production.Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ1994
- Voice-over: perceptual and acoustic analysis of vocal features.J Voice. 2005; 19: 340-349
- Attributes of the newscaster's voice as predictors of his credibility.Journalism Quarterly. 1978; 55: 276-300
- Acoustic measurement of overall voice quality: a meta-analysis.J Acoust Soc Am. 2009; 126: 2619-2634
- The speaker's formant.J Voice. 2006; 20: 555-578
- Vocal projection in actors: the long-term average spectral features that distinguish comfortable acting voice from voicing with maximal projection in male actors.J Voice. 2005; 19: 440-453
- Level and center frequency of the singer's formant.J Voice. 2001; 15: 176-186
- Long-term average spectrum in screening of voice quality in speech: untrained male university students.J Voice. 2009; 23: 671-676
- Acoustic and perceptual analyses of Brazilian male actors' and nonactors' voices: long-term average spectrum and the "actor's formant".J Voice. 2008; 22: 146-154
- Formation of the actor's/speaker's formant: a study applying spectrum analysis and computer modeling.J Voice. 2011; 25: 150-158
- Acoustic correlates of breathy vocal quality: dysphonic voices and continuous speech.J Speech Lang Hear Res. 1996; 39: 311-321
- Quantifying dysphonia severity using a spectral/cepstral-based acoustic index: comparisons with auditory-perceptual judgements from the CAPE-V.Clin Linguist Phon. 2010; 24: 742-758
- The relationship between cepstral peak prominence and selected parameters of dysphonia.J Voice. 2002; 16: 20-27
- How does speaking clearly influence acoustic measures? A speech clarity study using long-term average speech spectra in Korean language.Clin Exp Otorhinolaryngol. 2012; 5: 68
Warhurst S, McCabe P, Heard R, Yiu E, Ternström S, Madill C. Perceptual and acoustic analysis of good voice quality for in male radio performers. Folia Phoniatr Logop. Submitted.
- Voice loudness and gender effects on jitter and shimmer in healthy adults.J Speech Lang Hear Res. 2008; 51: 1152-1160
- Dimensionality in voice quality.J Voice. 2007; 21: 257-272
- Reliability in perceptual analysis of voice quality.J Voice. 2005; 19: 555-573
- Voice and Articulation Drillbook.Harper, New York, NY1960
Hitech. Soundswell. 4.5 ed. Sweden 2008.
Mazonni D. Audacity. 2.0 ed. 2012. Available at: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/.
Hillenbrand J. SpeechTool. Available at: http://homepages.wmich.edu/∼hillenbr/. Last accessed May 15, 2012.
- Effect on LTAS of vocal loudness variation.Logoped Phoniatr Vocol. 2004; 29: 183-191
- Long-time average spectrum characteristics of different choirs in different rooms.Voice (UK). 1993; 2: 55-77
- Using Multivariate Statistics.4th ed. Allyn & Bacon, Boston, MA2001
- Vocal intensity characteristics in normal and elderly speakers.J Voice. 2001; 15: 503-511
- Effects of a three-week vocal exercise program using the Finnish Kuukka exercises on the speaking voice of Norwegian broadcast journalism students.Logoped Phoniatr Vocol. 2010; 35: 150-165
- Spectral correlates of glottal voice source waveform characteristics.J Speech Hear Res. 1989; 32: 556-565
- Acoustic prediction of voice type in women with functional dysphonia.J Voice. 2005; 19: 268-282
- Cepstral analysis of voice in unilateral adductor vocal fold palsy.J Voice. 2011; 25: 326-329
- Articulatory interpretation of the 'singing formant'.J Acoust Soc Am. 1974; 55: 838-844