Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Articulatory interpretation of the “singing formant”.J Acoust Soc Am. 1974; 55: 838-844
- Acoustic Interpretation of Resonant Voice.J Voice. 2001; 15: 519-528
- Voice modifications of stage actors: acoustic analyses.J Voice. 1987; 1: 83-87
- Professional male singers' formant tuning strategies for the vowel /a/.Logoped Phoniatr Vocol. 2011; 36: 156-167
- Articulatory configuration on pitch in classically trained soprano singers.J Voice. 2009; 23: 546-551
- Vocal tract and register changes analysed by real-time MRI in male professional singers—a pilot study.Logoped Phoniatr Vocol. 2008; 33: 67-73
- Vocal tract in female registers—a dynamic real-time MRI study.J Voice. 2010; 24: 133-139
- The Science of the Singing Voice.Nothern Illinois University Press, DesKalb, Illinois1988
- Comparison of singer's formant, speaker's ring, and LTA spectrum among classical singers and untrained normal speakers.J Voice. 2001; 15: 344-350
- Resonant voice: spectral and nasendoscopic analysis.J Voice. 2005; 19: 607-622
Nair G. Acoustics and physiology of singer's consonants—a little explored area. Paper Presented at the 2nd Physiology and Acoustics of Singing Conference, Denver, 2004.
- The effect of supine and upright position on vocal tract configurations during singing—a comparative study in professional tenors.J Voice. 2013; 27: 141-148
- Comparison of speech production in upright and supine position.J Acoust Soc Am. 2007; 122: 532-541
- Management of Temporomandibular Disorders and Occlusion.6th ed. Mosby, St. Louis, MO2008
- Dependance of jaw opening on pitch and vowel in singers.J Voice. 1997; 11: 301-306
- The relationship of vocal tract shape to three voice qualities.J Acoust Soc Am. 2001; 109: 1651-1667
- Hints of Singing (B. Garcia, trans.).Edward Schuberth Co, NY1894
- The Science of Vocal Pedagogy, Theory and Application.Indiana University Press, Bloomington, IN1967
- Singing. The Mechanics and the Technic.rev. and greatly enlarged ed. Carl Fischer, New York, NY1967
Nair G. Consonant resonance and the highly skilled singer—a study in physio acoustics. Paper Presented at the 7th International Voice Symposium on Care and Cure of the Professional Voice, Austria, Aug. 8th 2006.
- The Craft of Singing.Plural Publishing, San Diego, CA2007
- A guide to analyzing tongue motion from ultrasound images.Clin Linguist Phon. 2005; 19: 455-502
- Automatic contour tracking in ultrasound images.Clin Linguist Phon. 2005; 19: 545-554
- Professional Voice. The Science and Art of Clinical Care. Vo. 1. Plural Publishing, San Diego, CA, Oxford, UK2005 3rd ed.
- Why do classically trained singers widen their throat?.J Sing. 2012; 69: 177-178
- Illustrated Dictionary of Speech-Language Pathology.Singular Publishing, San Diego, CA2000
- Voice—Tradition and Technology.Singular Publishing, San Diego, CA1999