Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Common movement disorders affecting the larynx: a report from the Neurolaryngology Committee of the AAO-HNS.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2005; 133: 654-665https://doi.org/10.1016/j.otohns.2005.05.003
- USA QuickFacts: Population estimates July 1, 2015.(Available at)Accessed January 6, 2016)
- Organic voice tremor. A tremor of phonation.Neurology. 1963; 13: 520-525
- Dysphonia due to tremor.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1966; 29: 219-223https://doi.org/10.1136/jnnp.29.3.219
- The nature of primary vocal tremor.Can J Neurol Sci. 1975; 2: 195-197
- Botulinum toxin type A for treating voice tremor.Arch Neurol. 2004; 61: 1416-1420
- Botulinum toxin injections for essential voice tremor.Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2000; 109: 204-209
- Treatment of voice tremor with botulinum toxin injection.Neurology. 1989; 39: 353
- The treatment of essential voice tremor with botulinum toxin A: a longitudinal case report.J Voice. 2000; 14: 410-421
- Botulinum toxin for essential tremor of the voice with multiple anatomical sites of tremor: a crossover design study of unilateral versus bilateral injection.Laryngoscope. 2000; 110: 1366-1374
- Observations on essential (heredofamial) tremor.Brain. 1949; 72: 113-139
- Essential tongue tremor.Mov Disord. 1987; 2: 25-29
- Essential tremor variants: effect of treatment.Clin Neuropharmacol. 1987; 10: 342-350
- The relationship of essential tremor to other movement disorders: report on 678 patients. Essential Tremor Study Group.Ann Neurol. 1994; 35: 717-723
- Synchrony of laryngeal muscle activity in persons with vocal tremor.Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2003; 129: 313-318
- The study of laryngeal muscle activity in normal human subjects and in patients with laryngeal dystonia using multiple fine-wire electromyography.Laryngoscope. 2001; 111: 1-47
- Findings of multiple muscle involvement in a study of 214 patients with laryngeal dystonia using fine-wire electromyography.Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2004; 113: 602-612
- An evaluation of laryngeal muscle activation in patients with voice tremor.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1992; 107: 684-696
- Essential vocal tremor: clinical characteristics and response to therapy.South Med J. 1985; 78: 316-317
- Voice tremor: dysregulation of voluntary expiratory muscles.Neurology. 1987; 37: 117-122
- Development and validation of the vocal tremor scoring system.Laryngoscope. 2006; 116: 1662-1667
- Clinical characteristics of essential voice tremor: a study of 34 cases.Laryngoscope. 2010; 120: 516-528
- Tremulous speech. A case report.Folia Phoniatr (Basel). 1982; 34: 134-142
- Foundations of Clinical Research: Applications to Practice.3rd ed. Pearson, Upper Saddle River, NJ2009
- Listener perception of respiratory-induced voice tremor.Am J Speech Lang Pathol. 2006; 15: 72-84
- Physiologic and acoustic patterns of essential vocal tremor.J Voice. 2013; 27: 422-432
- Interarytenoid muscle botox injection for treatment of adductor spasmodic dysphonia with vocal tremor.J Voice. 2011; 25: 114-119https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2009.08.003
- Tremor laryngeal dystonia: treatment of the lateral cricoarytenoid muscle.Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2004; 113: 349-355
- Botulinum toxin is effective and safe for palatal tremor: a report of five cases and a review of the literature.J Neurol. 2006; 253: 857-860
- Botox for hyperadduction of the false vocal folds: a case report.J Voice. 1999; 13: 234-239
- Using botulinum toxin therapy in the laryngopharynx.Oper Tech Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2004; 15: 86-89
- Development of a speech treatment program for a client with essential vocal tremor.Semin Speech Lang. 2011; 32: 43-57https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0031-1271974
Lederle A., Barkmeier-Kraemer J., Finnegan E. Perceptual analysis of vocal tremor in voice-loaded and voiceless-loaded speech contexts. Paper presented at The Voice Foundation's 36th Annual Symposium: Care of the Professional Voice; Philadelphia, PA; May 2007.
Twohig A., Hemmerich A.L., Finnegan E.M., et al. The effect of vowel duration on tremor severity rating in patients with vocal tremor. Poster presented at Research in the Capitol, Des Moines, IA; March 2008.
- Essential tremor in Papua, New Guinea.Brain. 1976; 99: 659-672
Results previously presented at the Voice Foundation 40th Annual Conference, June 5, 2011, Philadelphia, PA, and the American Speech-Language Hearing Association Annual Convention, November 15, 2012, Atlanta, GA.