Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Voice
- Prevalence of voice disorderin singers: systematic review and meta-analysis.J Voice. 2017; 31: 722-727
- Dysphonia in performers: toward a clinical definition of laryngology of the performing voice.J Voice. 2014; 28: 349-355
- Vocal Burnout at the Opera.(The New York Times; September 21)1986
- Domingo, Like Other Great Singers, Becomes Wary About His Voice.(The New York Times)1983
- Etudes phonometriques.in: La Voix, Cours International de Phonologie et Phoniatrie. Libraire Maloine, Paris1953: 67-78
- The Voice Field: A Practical Guide for Measurement and Evaluation.Verlag J. Peperny, Munchen1990
- The singer's voice range profile: female professional opera soloists.J Voice. 2010; 24: 410-426
- The tessiturogram.J Voice. 1988; 2: 327-329
- Quantifying tessitura in a song.J. Singing. 2008; 65: 59-61
- Il Vocal Score Profile e il rapporto partiturografia/fonetografia.in: La Voce del Cantante. Vol. 4. Omega, Torino2007: 79-118
- Measuring Mozart: a pilot study testing the accuracy of objective methods for matching a song to a singer.J. Singing. 2014; 70: 561-572
- Opera Base, Opera statistics 2015/2016.(Available at:)http://operabase.com/top.cgi?lang=en&splash=tDate accessed: February 1, 2017
- Elementi di fisiologia vocale nel canto.in: Gilardone M. Fussi F. Le Voci di Puccini, un'indagine sul canto. Omega, Torino1998: 11-43
- The Operas of Verdi.Clarendon Press, Oxford1973
- Terminology of logarithmic frequency units.J Acoust Soc Am. 1939; 11: 134
- The Structure of Singing: System and Art in Vocal Technique.Schirmer books, New York1986: 115-149
- The Principles of Voice Production.(Second Printing) National Center for Voice and Speech, Iowa City2000: 282
- Dal Labbro il Canto.Omega, Turin2001
- The New Voice Pedagogy.2nd ed. The Scarecrow Press, Lanham2008: 70
- Phonatory control in male singing: a study of the effects of subglottal pressure, fundamental frequency, and mode of phonation on the voice source.J Voice. 1993; 7: 15-29
- Principles of Voice Production.Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ1994
- Three registers in an untrained female singer analyzed by videokymography, strobolaryngoscopy and sound spectrography.J Acoust Soc Am. 2008; 123: 347-353
- Laryngeal evidence for the first and second passaggio in professionally trained sopranos.PLoS ONE. 2017; 12 (e0175865)
- The influence of vocal fold mass lesions on the passaggio region of professional singers.Laryngoscope. 2017; 127: 1392-1401
- The influence of vowels on vocal fold dynamics in the tenor's passaggio.J Voice. 2017; 31: 424-429
Conflict of interest: All the authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
Author contributions: Nicole Pizzorni, speech and language pathologist, conception and design, drafting the article, final approval of the version to be published; Antonio Schindler, phoniatrician, conception and design, final approval of the version to be published; Matteo Sozzi, neuropsychologist, conception and design, final approval of the version to be published; Massimo Corbo, neurologist, conception and design, final approval of the version to be published; Marco Gilardone, phoniatrician, conception and design, data collection and analysis, final approval of the version to be published.