Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Voice
- The significance of laryngopharyngeal reflux in benign vocal mucosal lesions.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2009; 141: 369-373
- Benign lesions of the vocal folds: histopathology and phonotrauma.Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 1995; 104: 698-703
- Incidence of chronic hoarseness among school-age children.J Speech Hear Disord. 1975; 40: 211-215
- Vocal fold masses.Otolaryngol Clin North Am. 2007; 40: 1091-1108
- Vocal nodules and edema may be due to vibration-induced rises in capillary pressure.Laryngoscope. 2008; 118: 748-752
- Pepsin as a marker of extraesophageal reflux.Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2010; 119: 203-208
- Laryngopharyngeal reflux: position statement of the committee on speech, voice, and swallowing disorders of the American Academy of Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2002; 127: 32-35
- The otolaryngologic manifestation of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).Laryngoscope. 1991; 101: 1-78
- Role of psychological factors in pathogenesis of disturbances of voice caused with vocal nodules.Otolaryngol Pol. 2008; 62: 758-763
- Helicobacter pylori and its role in vocal folds' minimal lesions.Clin Respir J. 2010; 4: 237-240
- The etiology of vocal fold nodules in adults.Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2009; 17: 420-423
- The influence of laryngopharyngeal reflux in the healing of laryngeal trauma.Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2009; 266: 253-259
- Pepsin detection in the sputum/saliva for the diagnosis of gastroesophageal reflux disease in patients with clinically suspected atypical gastroesophageal reflux disease symptoms.Digestion. 2008; 77: 201-206
- Setting proteins free: progresses and achievements in proteomics of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues.Proteomics Clin Appl. 2012; 6: 7-21
- Reproducibility of proximal probe pH parameters in 24-hour ambulatory esophageal pH monitoring.Am J Gastroenterol. 1997; 92: 825-829
This work was supported by the research fund of Gulhane Medical School (AR-2014/48). This work was done in Gulhane Medical School, Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Ankara, Turkey.
Each of the authors has contributed to, read, and approved this manuscript. This manuscript is original and it, or any part of it, has not been previously published; nor is it under consideration for publication elsewhere. All procedures performed in studies involving human participants were in accordance with the ethical standards of the institutional and/or national research committee and with the 1964 Helsinki declaration and its later amendments or comparable ethical standards. Informed consent was obtained from all individual participants included in the study.
All authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.