Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Voice
- Voice disorders in teachers: a review.J Voice. 2014; 28: 716-724https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2014.02.008
- Voice disorders in teachers and their associations with work-related factors: a systematic review.J Commun Disord. 2013; 46: 143-155https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcomdis.2013.01.001
- The prevalence of voice disorders among day care center teachers compared with nurses: a questionnaire and clinical study.J Voice. 2001; 15 (doi://dx.doi.org/): 413-423https://doi.org/10.1016/S0892-1997(01)00042-X
- Changes in the prevalence of vocal symptoms among teachers during a twelve-year period.J Voice. 2005; 19: 95-102https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2004.02.009
- Occupational safety and health aspects of voice and speech professions.Folia Phoniatr Logop. 2004; 56: 220-253https://doi.org/10.1159/000078344
- The impact of the reactivity to stress in teachers with voice problems.Folia Phoniatr Logop. 2010; 62: 35-39https://doi.org/10.1159/000239061
- An interdisciplinary approach to teachers’ voice disorders and psychosocial working conditions.Folia Phoniatr Logop. 2010; 62: 24-34https://doi.org/10.1159/000239060
- Risk factors for voice problems in teachers.Folia Phoniatr Logop. 2006; 58: 159-174https://doi.org/10.1159/000091730
- Voice in the classroom: a re-evaluation.in: Dejonckere P.H. Occupational Voice: Care and Cure. Kugler Publications, 2001: 53-69
- Do teachers have worse mental health? Review of the existing comparative research and results from the Belgian Health Interview Survey.Teach Teach Educ. 2015; 51: 88-100https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tate.2015.06.006
- Connections between voice ergonomic risk factors and voice symptoms, voice handicap, and respiratory tract diseases.J Voice. 2012; 26: 819.e13-819.e20https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2012.06.001
- The association between possible stress markers and vocal symptoms.J Voice. 2013; 27https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2013.06.012
- Working group set up by the Finnish Medical Society Duodecim, The Finnish Respiratory Society, The Finnish Paediatric Society, and The Finnish Society of Clinical Physiology.The Finnish Medical Society Duodecim, HelsinkiPublished 2012Accessed April 9, 2018)
- A fast and easy screening method for voice disorders among teacher students.Logop Phoniatr Vocology. 2001; 26: 10-16https://doi.org/10.1080/14015430119481
- Vocal symptoms and allergy–a pilot study.J Voice. 2009; 23: 136-139https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2007.03.010
- Validity of a single-item measure of stress symptoms.Scand J Work Environ Heal. 2003; 29: 444-451https://doi.org/10.5271/sjweh.752
- A comparative study of voice complaints and risk factors for voice complaints in female student teachers and practicing teachers early in their career.Eur Arch Oto Rhino Laryngol. 2006; 263: 370-380https://doi.org/10.1007/s00405-005-1010-6
- Prevalence of occupational voice disorders in teachers.J Prev Med Hyg. 2009; 50: 26-32
- The impact of voice disorders among teachers: vocal complaints, treatment-seeking behavior, knowledge of vocal care, and voice-related absenteeism.J Voice. 2011; 25: 570-575https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2010.04.008
- Voice disorders and mental health in teachers: a cross-sectional nationwide study.BMC Public Health. 2009; 9: 370https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2458-9-370
- The prevalence and risk factors for occupational voice disorders in teachers.Folia Phoniatr Logop. 2006; 58: 85-101https://doi.org/10.1159/000089610
- Vocal evaluation in teachers with or without symptoms.J Voice. 2007; 21: 407-414https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2006.04.001
- Prevalence of Voice disorders in teachers and the general population.J Speech Lang Hear Res. 2004; 47: 281https://doi.org/10.1044/1092-4388(2004/023)
- Epidemiology of voice disorders in Latvian school teachers.J Voice. 2016; : 1-9https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2016.10.014
- Voice problems among teachers: differences by gender and teaching characteristics.J Voice. 1998; 12https://doi.org/10.1016/S0892-1997(98)80022-2
- Gender differences in the prevalence of occupational voice disorders.in: Dejonckere P.H. Occupational Voice: Care and Cure. Kugler Publications, The Hague, The Netherlands2001
- The remediation of mold damaged school–a three-year follow-up study on teachers’ health.Cent Eur J Public Health. 2004; 12: 36-42
- Assessment of indoor air problems at work with a questionnaire.Occup Environ Med. 2004; 61: 33-38
- Kumpulainen T. Teachers and Principals in Finland 2016. 2017 (Helsinki)Accessed April 9, 2018)
- Employed labour force by Occupational group, Occupational status, Sex and Year. Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases)http://pxnet2.stat.fi/PXWeb/pxweb/fi/StatFin/StatFin__vrm__tyokay/statfin_tyokay_pxt_015.px/table/tableViewLayout2/?rxid=97ea9d55-8420-42f4-89fe-4f7ea893887b(Accessed February 28, 2018)Date: Published 2015 (
Kouvonen A., Oksanen T., Vahtera J., et al. The Finnish Public Sector Study. 2018.
- It's not me, it's you: miscomprehension in surveys.Organ Res Methods. 2014; 17: 138-162https://doi.org/10.1177/1094428113520185
Authors’ contributions: HVG and JU conceived the project, HVG performed the literature review, abstracted the findings, and drafted the manuscript. EL performed the statistical analyses and provided input on statistical questions. JU revised the manuscript. All authors read and approved the final manuscript.
Declarations of interest: None.
The authors have no potential conflicts of interest related to the topic of this article.
The study was supported by the Finnish Work Environment Fund without any involvement to the study.