Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Comparisons of pharynx, source, formant, and pressure characteristics in operatic and musical theatre singing.J Voice. 1993; 7: 301-310
Osborne CL. The Broadway voice: Part I, just singin' in the pain. High Fidelity. Vol 291979, 64.
- A Dictionary of Vocal Terminology.Joseph Patelson Music House, New York1983
- Is singing a dying art?.NATS Bull. 1986; 42: 31-33
- The evolution of the female broadway belt voice: implications for teachers and singers.J Voice. 2016; 30: 639.e631-639.e639
- Belting and pop, nonclassical approaches to the female middle voice: some preliminary considerations.J Voice. 1993; 7: 142-150
- Can a belt or call timbre be achieved without a large closed quotient.J Sing. 2016; 72: 587-588
- Correlates of the belt voice: a broader examination.J Voice. 2011; 25: 159-165
- Compared with Ethel: analyzing the singing styles of Reba McEntire and Bernadette Peters with Ethel Merman in Annie Get Your Gun.Voice Speech Rev. 2017; 11: 296-307
- The multiplicity of belting.J Sing. 2007; 64: 77-80
- Resonance strategies revealed in recorded tenor high notes.Folia Phoniatr Logop. 2005; 57: 292-307
- Vocal tract resonances in singing: Strategies used by sopranos, altos, tenors, and baritones.J Acoust Soc Am. 2011; 129: 1024-1035
- The interplay between glottis and vocal tract during the male passaggio.Folia Phoniatr Logop. 2005; 57: 308-327
- Belting is Beautiful: Welcoming the Musical Theatre Singer into the Classical Voice Studio.University of Iowa, 2014
- Deciphering vocal demands for today's broadway leading ladies.J Sing. 2015; 71: 491-495
Boersma P, Weenink D. Praat: doing phonetics by computer [computer program]. Version 6.0.39, retrieved 8 May 2018 from http://www.praat.org.