Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The phenotype of the X-linked dystonia-parkinsonism syndrome. an assessment of 42 cases in the philippines.Medicine (Baltimore). 1991; 70: 179-187
- The natural history of sex-linked recessive dystonia parkinsonism of Panay, Philippines (XDP).Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2002; 9: 29-38
- Phenomenology of "Lubag" or X-linked dystonia-parkinsonism.Mov Disord. 2002; 17: 1271-1277
- The X-linked dystonia-parkinsonism syndrome (XDP): clinical and molecular genetic analysis.Brain Pathol. 1992; 2: 287-295
- Phenotypic and molecular analyses of X-linked dystonia-parkinsonism ("Lubag") in women.Arch Neurol. 2004; 61: 1956-1959
Evidente VGH. DYT3, X-linked dystonia-parkinsonism (Lubag). In: Metman LV, ed. Encyclopedia of Movement Disorders. San Diego: Elsevier Science & Technology; Invalid date.http://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/harvard-ebooks/detail.action?docID=634857.
- The unique phenomenology of sex-linked dystonia parkinsonism (XDP, DYT3, "Lubag").Int J Neurosci. 2011; 121: 3-11
- Functional anatomy of the basal ganglia in X-linked recessive dystonia-parkinsonism.Ann Neurol. 2005; 58: 7-17
- Disease onset in X-linked dystonia-parkinsonism correlates with expansion of a hexameric repeat within an SVA retrotransposon in TAF1.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017; 114: E11020-E11028
- Adductor laryngeal breathing dystonia in a patient with Lubag (X-linked dystonia-parkinsonism syndrome).Mov Disord. 1994; 9: 318-320
- X-linked dystonia parkinsonism: clinical phenotype, genetics and therapeutics.J Mov Disord. 2010; 3: 32-38
- Voice and swallowing dysfunction in X-linked dystonia parkinsonism.Laryngoscope. 2019;
- A penetration-aspiration scale.Dysphagia. 1996; 11: 93-98
- Interjudge and intrajudge reliabilities in fiberoptic endoscopic evaluation of swallowing (fees) using the penetration-aspiration scale: a replication study.Dysphagia. 2002; 17: 308-315
- The SWAL-QOL and SWAL-CARE outcomes tool for oropharyngeal dysphagia in adults: III documentation of reliability and validity.Dysphagia. 2002; 17: 97-114
- The voice handicap index (VHI): development and validation.Am J Speech Lang Pathol. 1997; 6: 66-70
- Validation of an instrument to measure voice-related quality of life (V-RQOL).J Voice. 1999; 13: 557-569
- Voice-related quality of life (V-RQOL) following type I thyroplasty for unilateral vocal fold paralysis.J Voice. 2000; 14: 378-386
- Psychometric evaluation of disease specific quality of life instruments in voice disorders.J Voice. 2005; 19: 300-315
- Self-reported impact of dysphonia in a primary care population: an epidemiological study.Laryngoscope. 2010; 120: 2022-2032
- The broadening application of chemodenervation in X-linked dystonia-parkinsonism (part II): an open-label experience with botulinum toxin-A (dysport(R)) injections for oromandibular, lingual, and truncal-axial dystonias.Int J Neurosci. 2011; 121: 44-56
- Voice problems and depression among adults in the united states.Laryngoscope. 2016; 126: 1859-1864
- Impact of voice and swallowing problems in the elderly.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2009; 140: 33-36
- Oral pharmacological treatment of X-linked dystonia parkinsonism: successes and failures.Int J Neurosci. 2011; 121: 18-21
- Zolpidem improves dystonia in "Lubag" or X-linked dystonia-parkinsonism syndrome.Neurology. 2002; 58: 662-663
- First case of X-linked dystonia-parkinsonism ("Lubag") to demonstrate a response to bilateral pallidal stimulation.Mov Disord. 2007; 22: 1790-1793
- Early and marked benefit with GPi DBS for Lubag syndrome presenting with rapidly progressive life-threatening dystonia.Mov Disord. 2009; 24: 1710-1712
- Differential response of dystonia and parkinsonism following globus pallidus internus deep brain stimulation in X-linked dystonia-parkinsonism (Lubag).Stereotact Funct Neurosurg. 2010; 88: 329-333
- Bilateral pallidal stimulation for X-linked dystonia parkinsonism.Arch Neurol. 2010; 67: 1012-1015
- Bilateral pallidal deep brain stimulation for X-linked dystonia-parkinsonism.World Neurosurg. 2014; 82: 241.e1-241.e4
- Long-term outcomes of pallidal deep brain stimulation in X-linked dystonia parkinsonism (XDP): up to 84 months follow-up and review of literature.Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2018; 60: 81-86
- Association of pallidal neurostimulation and outcome predictors with X-linked dystonia parkinsonism.JAMA Neurol. 2018; 76: 211-216
- Long-term outcomes of bilateral pallidal deep brain stimulation for X-linked dystonia and parkinsonism.Stereotact Funct Neurosurg. 2018; 96: 320-326
- Biochemical mechanisms of pallidal deep brain stimulation in X-linked dystonia parkinsonism.Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2015; 21: 954-959
Institution where the work was primarily performed: Massachusetts Eye and Ear, Massachusetts, USA.
i. No financial and no material support for this research and work
ii. Authors have no financial interests in any companies or other entities that have an interest in the information in the Contribution (eg, grants, advisory boards, employment, consultancies, contracts, honoraria, royalties, expert testimony, partnerships, or stock ownership in medically‐related fields).
Conflict of interest: None.
Presented at the Combined Otolaryngology Spring Meeting 2019, Austin, Texas, USA, May 2-4, 2019.
All authors met the criteria for authorship established by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors, specifically: Sungjin A. Song, Nutan Sharma and Phillip C. Song were responsible for substantial contribution to the conception and design, data acquisition, analysis and interpretation of data, drafting the work, revising the work and reviewing the manuscript. Criscely L. Go, Patrick B Acuna, and Jan Kristopher Palentinos De Guzman were responsible for substantial contribution to analysis and interpretation of data, revising the work and reviewing the manuscript. Additionally, all authors provided final approval of the version to be published and agreed to be accountable for all aspects of the work in ensuring including the accuracy and/or integrity of the work.
Level of Evidence: 4.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this manuscript are those of the authors and do not reflect the official policy or position of the Department of the Army, Department of Defense or the U.S. Government.