Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Prevalence and etiologies of adult communication disabilities in the United States: results from the 2012 National Health Interview Survey.Disabil Health J. 2016; 9: 140-144https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dhjo.2015.07.004
- The prevalence of voice problems among adults in the United States.Laryngoscope. 2014; 124: 2359-2362https://doi.org/10.1002/lary.24740
- Clinical practice guideline: hoarseness (Dysphonia) (Update).Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2018; 158 (1): 1-42https://doi.org/10.1177/0194599817751030
American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. Voice Disorders. (Practice Portal) Available at:www.asha.org/Practice-Portal/Clinical-Topics/Voice-Disorders/. (Accessed January 15, 2020). (n.d.).
- Influence of smartphones and software on acoustic voice measures.Int J Telerehabilitation. 2016; 8: 9-14https://doi.org/10.5195/ijt.2016.6202
- Evidence-based clinical voice assessment: a systematic review.Am J Speech Lang Pathol. 2013; 22: 212-226https://doi.org/10.1044/1058-0360(2012/12-0014)
- Preferred Practice Patterns for the Profession of Speech-Language Pathology.2004 (Preferred Practice Patterns. Available at)
- An online telepractice model for the prevention of voice disorders in vocally healthy student teachers evaluated by a smartphone application.Perspect ASHA Special Interest Groups. 2017; 2: 63-78https://doi.org/10.1044/persp2.SIG3.63
- Building a successful voice telepractice program.Perspect ASHA Special Interest Groups. 2019; 4 (SIG 3): 100-110https://doi.org/10.1044/2018_PERS-SIG3-2018-0014
- VoiceEvalU8 (version 1.2) [Mobile Application, HIPAA-Compliant Server, and Web Portal.2019 (Available at)Accessed January 15, 2020)
- Scope of Practice in Speech‑Language Pathology.2016 (Scope of Practice. Available at)
- ICF: International Classification of Functioning, Disability, and Health.2001 (Geneva, Switzerland)
- Praat: Doing Phonetics by Computer.2019 (Computer programVersions 6.1.05, 6.0.46, 6.0.32, 6.0.19. Available at)
- Consensus auditory-perceptual evaluation of voice: development of a standardized clinical protocol.Am J Speech Lang Pathol. 2009; 18: 124-132https://doi.org/10.1044/1058-0360(2008/08-0017)
- A comparison of cepstral peak prominence measures from two acoustic analysis programs.J Voice. 2017; 31: 387-397
- Predicting voice disorder status from smoothed measures of cepstral peak prominence using praat and analysis of dysphonia in speech and voice (ADSV).J Voice. 2017; 31: 557-566https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2017.01.006
- Acoustic measurement of overall voice quality: a meta analysis.J Acoust Soc Am. 2009; 126: 2619-2634
- Predictive value and discriminant capacity of cepstral- and spectral-based measures during continuous speech.J Voice. 2013; 27: 393-400
- Recommended protocols for instrumental assessment of voice: American Speech-Language-Hearing Association Expert Panel to develop a protocol for instrumental assessment of vocal function.Am J Speech Lang Pathol. 2018; 27: 887-905
- Objective dysphonia measures in the program praat: smoothed cepstral peak prominence and acoustic voice quality index.J Voice. 2015; 29: 35-43https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2014.06.015
- Regression tree approach to studying factors influencing acoustic voice analysis.Folia Phoniatr Logop. 2006; 58: 274-288
- Spectral jitter modeling and estimation.Biomed Signal Process Control. 2009; 4: 183-193
- A clinical comparison between two acoustic analysis softwares: MDVP and Praat.Biomed Signal Process Control. 2009; 4: 202-205
- Multi-dimensional voice program (MDVP) vs Praat for assessing euphonic subjects: a preliminary study on the gender-discriminating power of acoustic analysis software.J Voice. 2016; 30: 765-770
- Comparison of results in two acoustic analysis programs: Praat and MDVP.Turk J Med Sci. 2011; 41: 835-841
- A guideline of selecting and reporting intraclass correlation coefficients for reliability research.J chiropractic med. 2016; 15: 155-163
- Reliable jitter and shimmer measurements in voice clinics: the relevance of vowel, gender, vocal intensity, and fundamental frequency effects in a typical clinical task.J Voice. 2011; 25: 44-53
- Effects of vocal intensity and fundamental frequency on cepstral peak prominence in patients with voice disorders and vocally healthy controls.J Voice. 2019; : 16https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2019.11.015
- Cepstral and perceptual investigations in female teachers with functionally healthy voice.J Voice. 2020; 34 (485.e33-485.e43)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2018.09.010
- The influence of gender and age on the acoustic voice quality index and dysphonia severity index: a normative study.J Voice. 2019; 33: 340-345https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2017.11.011
Grillo, EU. A nonrandomized trial for student teachers of an in-person and telepractice Global Voice Prevention and Therapy Model with Estill Voice Training assessed by the VoiceEvalU8 app. Am J Speech Lang Pathol, (accepted).
Jeremy Wolfberg received the Elizabeth Grillo Education and Travel Fund Award in November 2019 for presenting the work described in this manuscript at the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association convention in Orlando, FL.
Elizabeth Grillo has the following financial disclosures: salary and benefit support from West Chester University as an employee, royalties from Northern Speech Services for online continuing education courses, grant support from the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) R15DC014566 and the National Loan Repayment Program, and subscription fees from VoiceEvalU8, LLC.