Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Voice
- Clinical assessment of glottal insufficiency in age-related dysphonia.J voice. 2017; 128: 1-5
- Vocal fold atrophy in a Japanese tertiary medical institute: status quo of the most aged country.J voice. 2014; 28: 231-236
- Clinical analysis of presbylarynx-vocal fold atrophy in the elderly individuals.Auris Nasus Larynx. 2010; 37: 461-467
- Dysphonia in the aging: physiology versus disease.Laryngoscope. 1992; 102: 139-144
- Cause of hoarseness in elderly patients.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1998; 118: 481-485
- Prevalence of perceived dysphonia in a geriatric population.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2006; 54: 1736-1739
- Epidemiology of voice disorders in the elderly: preliminary findings.Laryngoscope. 2007; 117: 628-633
- Presbyphonia: a review.Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2007; 15: 137-140
- Vocal characteristics of elderly women engaged in aerobics in private institutions of salvador.Bahia. J Voice. 2016; 30: 9-19
- Glottic characteristics and voice complaint in the elderly.J Voice. 2005; 19: 84-94
- Morphological and functional aspects of the senile larynx.Folia Phoniatr Logop. 2006; 58: 151-158
- Voice disorders in the elderly.J Voice. 2012; 26: 254-258
- Screening for voice disorders in the elderly (Rastreamento de Alterações Vocais em Idosos; RAVI) – Part I: validity evidence based on test content and response processes.J Voice. 2016; 30: 246.e9-246.e17
- Voice rehabilitation after partial laryngeal surgery.Otolaryngol Clin North Am. 2004; 37: 637-653
- The prevalence of major psychiatric pathologies in patients with voice disorders.Ear Nose Throat J. 2003; 82: 808-814
- Impact of voice and swallowing problems in the elderly.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2009; 139: 33-36
- Perceived disability hearing and voice changes in the elderly.Geriatr Gerontol Int. 2015; 15: 147-155
- The aging voice: a systematic review of presbyphonia.Eur Geriatr Med. 2018; 9: 559-570
- Voice handicap index and interpretation of the cutoff points using receiver operating characteristic curve as screening for young adult female smokers.J Voice. 2018; 32: 64-69https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2017.03.009
- Voice and ageing: clinical, endoscopic and acoustic investigation.Clin Otolaryngol. 2017; 42: 330-335
- The Voice Handicap Index (VHI): development and validation.Am J Speech Lang Pathol. 1997; 6: 66-70
- Acoustic measures of the voices of older singers and nonsingers.J Voice. 2012; 26: 341-350https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2011.05.007
- Screening for voice disorders in older adults (RAVI)-Part III: cutoff score and clinical consistency.J Voice. 2017; 31: 117.e17-117.e22https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2016.03.003
- Correlation of glottic gap and voice impairment in presbyphonia.Laryngoscope. 2020; (Epub ahead of print. PMID: 32902880)https://doi.org/10.1002/lary.29068
- Quantitative analysis of videostroboscopic images in presbylarynges.Laryngoscope. 2001; 111: 2022-2027
- Efficacy of intensive phonatory-respiratory treatment (LSVT) for presbyphonia: two case reports.J Voice. 2013; 27 (786.e11–23. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2013.06.006)
- Voice therapy improves quality of life in age-related dysphonia: a case-control study.J Voice. 2008; 22: 70-74
- Challenges and opportunities in the management of the aging voice.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2011; 145: 1-6
Conflict of Interest: The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
Compliance with Ethical Standards: Ethical approval: All procedures performed in studies involving human participants were in accordance with the ethical standards of the institutional and national research committee and with the 1964 Helsinki declaration and its later amendments or comparable ethical standards.
Informed consent: Informed consent was obtained from all individual participants included in the study.
Financial disclosure: The authors declare that they have no financial disclosure to declare.