Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Voice
- State Medical Marijuana Laws.2020Published November 4. Accessed December 6, 2020)
- Differences in opinions about marijuana use and prevalence of use by state legalization status.J Addict Med. 2020; 14: 337-344https://doi.org/10.1097/ADM.0000000000000593
- Prevalence and forms of cannabis use in legal vs. illegal recreational cannabis markets.Int J Drug Policy. 2020; 76102658https://doi.org/10.1016/j.drugpo.2019.102658
- Smoking, vaping, and use of edibles and other forms of marijuana among U.S. adults.Ann Intern Med. 2018; 169: 890-892https://doi.org/10.7326/M18-1681
- Cannabis inhalation and voice disorders: a systematic review.JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2019; 145: 956-964
- The Effect of marijuana on the voice: a pilot study.J Voice. 2020; (PMID: 32868144. Epub ahead of print. In press): S0892-1997–1https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2020.07.006
- Improving the quality of web surveys: the Checklist for Reporting Results of Internet E-Surveys (CHERRIES).J Med Internet Res. 2004; 6 (Erratum in: 10.2196/jmir.2042. PMID: 15471760; PMCID: PMC1550605): e34https://doi.org/10.2196/jmir.6.3.e34
- The Strengthening the Reporting of Observational Studies in Epidemiology (STROBE) statement: guidelines for reporting observational studies.Int J Surg. 2014; 12: 1495-1499
- Development and validation of the Voice Handicap Index-10.Laryngoscope. 2004; 114: 1549-1556
- National Survey on Drug Use and Health 2016 (NSDUH-2016-DS0001).Published 2016Accessed December 29, 2016)
- 2017 National Survey on Drug Use and Health: Detailed Tables.Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Rockville, MD2018 (Accessed December 3rd, 2020)
- Approximate is better than “exact” for interval estimation of binomial proportions.The American Statistician. 1998; 52: 119-126
- Determinants of social desirability bias in sensitive surveys: a literature review.Qual Quant. 2013; 47: 2025-2047
- Oregon public health division. marijuana report: marijuana use, attitudes and health effects in Oregon, December 2016.Oregon Health Authority. 2016; (Portland, OR): 1-67
- Therapeutic cannabis and endocannabinoid signaling system modulator use in otolaryngology patients.Laryngoscope Investigative Otolaryngology. 2018; 3: 169-177
- Effects of marijuana smoking on vocal pitch and quality.Ear Nose Throat J. 1980; 59: 506-509
Author Note: Aaron Ziegler, Ph.D., The Wellness Group for Voice, Speech, and Swallowing, LLC, Portland, OR; Tetiana Korzun, B.S., B.A., Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR; Andree-Anne Leclerc, M.D., Division of Otolaryngology, University of Montreal; and Amanda I. Gillespie, Ph.D., Emory Voice Center, Emory University. Data were collected from 2017-2018 when Dr. Ziegler was employed at OHSU and Dr. Gillespie and Dr. Leclerc were employed at UPMC. Research findings were presented as an oral presentation at the 2018 Fall Voice Conference, Seattle, WA.
Conflict of Interest: The authors declare that they have nothing to disclose.