Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- WHO Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Dashboard.2020 (Retrieved (September, 2020) from)
National Public Health Organization. Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19).Retrieved (September, 2020a) fromhttps://eody.gov.gr/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/covid-gr-daily-report-20200320.pdf
National Public Health Organization. Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19).Retrieved (September, 2020b) fromhttps://eody.gov.gr/covid-19-odigies-gia-ti-chrisi-maskas-apo-to-koino/
United Nations Regional Information Center Brussels. Covid-19 response -transparent masks aid communication for hard of hearing. Retrieved (October, 2020) fromhttps://www.un.org/en/coronavirus/transparent-masks-aid-communication-hard-hearing
- How do medical masks degrade speech perception?.Hear Rev. 2020; 27: 8-9
- Seeing to hear better: evidence for early audio-visual interactions in speech identification.Cognition. 2004; 93: B69-B78https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cognition.2004.01.006
- Vocal fatigue and its relation to vocal hyperfunction.Int J Speech Lang Pathol. 2008; 10: 254-266https://doi.org/10.1080/14417040701730990
- Laryngeal manual therapy: a preliminary study to examine its treatment effects in the management of muscle tension dysphonia.J Voice. 2007; 23: 353-366https://doi.org/10.1016/j/jvoice.2007.10.002
- Greene and Mathieson's The Voice and it's disorders.Whurr, London2001
- Vocal tract discomfort in hyperfunctional dysphonia.J Voice. 1993; 2: 40-48
- Clinical practice guideline: hoarseness (Dysphonia) (Update).Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2018; 158: S1-S42https://doi.org/10.1177/0194599817751030
- Perceptual evaluation of voice quality: review, tutorial, and a framework for future research.J Speech Hear Res. 1993; 36: 21-40https://doi.org/10.1044/jshr.3601.21
- Vocal self-perception: The other side of the equation.J Voice. 1987; 1: 172-179https://doi.org/10.1016/s0892-1997(87)80042-5
- Acoustic correlates of vocal quality.J Speech Hear Res. 1990; 33: 298-306https://doi.org/10.1044/jshr.3302.298
- Speech recognition in adverse conditions: A review.Lang Cogn Process. 2012; 27: 953-978https://doi.org/10.1080/01690965.2012.705006
- Cross-cultural adaptation and validation of the voice handicap index into greek.J Voice. 2010; 24: 221-227https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2008.06.005
- The voice handicap index (VHI).Am J Speech Lang Pathol. 1997; 6: 66https://doi.org/10.1044/1058-0360.0603.66
- Evaluation and management of speech breathing disorders: Principles and methods.Reddington Brown, Tucson, AZ2005
- Pattern recognition in muscle misuse voice disorders: How I do it.J Voice. 1997; 11: 108-114
- Muscle misuse voice disorders: Description and classification.Acta Otolaryngologica. 1993; 113: 428-434
- Respiratory and laryngeal measures of children and women with bilateral vocal fold nodules.J Speech Hear Res. 1994; 37: 1229-1243https://doi.org/10.1044/jshr.3706.1229
- Speech breathing during reading in women with vocal nodules.J Voice. 1997; 11: 195-201
Scherer RC (1991). Physiology of phonation: A review of basic mechanics in Phonosurgery: Assessment and surgical management of voice disorders, Ford CN, Bless DM, eds. New York: Raven Press.
- The relationship between voice and breathing in the assessment and treatment of voice disorders.Perspect ASHA Spec Interest Groups. 2016; 1: 94https://doi.org/10.1044/persp1.sig3.94
- Effect of wearing a face mask on vocal self-perception during a pandemic.J Voice. 2020; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2020.09.006
- Quantifying the contribution of vision to speech perception in noise.Br J Audiol. 1987; 21: 131-141https://doi.org/10.3109/03005368709077786
- Vocal tract discomfort in teachers: its relationship to self-reported voice disorders.J Voice. 2013; 27: 473-480https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2013.01.005
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Personal Address: Griva 34, 30132, Agrinio, Greece School of Advanced Education, Research and Accreditation, SAERA Department of Speech Language Therapy.