Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
ASHA Practice Portal. Available at: https://www.asha.org/PRPSpecificTopic.aspx?folderid=8589942600§ion=Overview.
- Recommended Protocols for Instrumental Assessment of Voice: American Speech-Language-Hearing Association Expert Panel to Develop a Protocol for Instrumental Assessment of Vocal Function.Am J Speech Lang Pathol. 2018; 27: 887-905
- Flexible Laryngoscopy: A Comparison of Fiber Optic and Distal Chip Technologies. Part 1: Vocal Fold Masses.J Voice. 2008; 22: 746-750
- Current role of stroboscopy in laryngeal imaging.Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2012; 20: 429-436
- The diagnostic role of high-speed vocal fold vibratory imaging.J Voice. 2013; 27: 627-631
- Diagnostic accuracy of history, laryngoscopy, and stroboscopy.Laryngoscope. 2013; 123: 215-219
- Stroboscopy as a research instrument: development of a perceptual evaluation tool.Laryngoscope. 2005; 115: 423-428
- Rater methodology for stroboscopy: a systematic review.J Voice. 2015; 29: 101-108
- The interrater reliability of stroboscopy evaluations.J Voice. 2012; 26 (812.e1-10)
- Parameters and Scales Used to Assess and Report Findings From Stroboscopy: A Systematic Review.J Voice. 2018; 32: 734-755
- Does the accuracy of case history affect interpretation of videolaryngostroboscopic exams?.The Laryngoscope. 2019; (Published online May 24lary.28081)
- Examiner bias: influence of patient history on perceptual ratings of videostroboscopy.J Voice. 1995; 9: 95-105
Eadie T, Sroka A, Wright DR, et al. Does Knowledge of Medical Diagnosis Bias Auditory-Perceptual Judgments of Dysphonia?(Report). 2011;25:420.
- Does the Accuracy of Medical Diagnoses Affect Novice Listeners’ Auditory-Perceptual Judgments of Dysphonia Severity?.J Voice. 2020; 34: 197-207
- Information Bias in Endoscopic Assessment.Am J Gastroenterol. 2007; 102: 1585-1587
- Impact of a clinical scenario on accuracy of electrocardiogram interpretation.J Gen Intern Med. 1999; 14: 126-129
- Believing is seeing: the influence of a diagnostic hypothesis on the interpretation of clinical features.Acad Med. 2002; 77: S67-S69
- Influence of predicting the diagnosis from history on the accuracy of physical examination.Adv Med Educ Pract. 2015; 6: 143-148
- A Multi-Media, Computer-Based Method for Stroboscopy Rating Training.J Voice. 1998; 12: 513-526
- Reliability of laryngostroboscopic evaluation on lesion size and glottal configuration: A revisit.The Laryngoscope. 2014; 124: 1638-1644
- Voice-Vibratory Assessment With Laryngeal Imaging (VALI) Form: Reliability of Rating Stroboscopy and High-speed Videoendoscopy.J Voice. 2017; 31: 513.e1-513.e14
- Instruction manual: Stroboscopy systems and components.2008 (Montvale, NJ)
- Differences between flexible and rigid endoscopy in assessing the posterior glottic chink.J Voice. 2011; 25: 591-595
- Accuracy of flexible versus rigid laryngoscopic photo-documentation in the diagnosis of early glottic cancer.JLO. 2013; 127: 890-896
- The predictive value of videostroboscopy in the assessment of premalignant lesions and early glottis cancers..Otolaryngol Pol. 2017; 71: 14-18
- Correlation Between the Basic Video Laryngostroboscopic Parameters and Multidimensional Voice Measurements.J Voice. 2013; 27: 744-752
- Efficacy of Videostroboscopy in the Diagnosis of Voice Disorders.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1992; 107: 95-100
- Change in diagnosis and treatment following specialty voice evaluation: A national database analysis.Laryngoscope. 2015; 125: 1660-1666
- Aerodynamic and Stroboscopic Findings before and after Microlaryngeal Phonosurgery.J Voice. 1994; 8: 186-194
- Consensus auditory-perceptual evaluation of voice: development of a standardized clinical protocol.Am J Speech Lang Pathol. 2009; 18: 124-132
- Establishing validity of the Consensus Auditory-Perceptual Evaluation of Voice (CAPE-V).Am J Speech Lang Pathol. 2011; 20: 14-22
- Construct validity. Foundations of Clinical Research: Applications to Practice.Prentice Hall Health New Jersey, USA. Published online 2000; : 87-91
- Reliability of clinician-based (GRBAS and CAPE-V) and patient-based (V-RQOL and IPVI) documentation of voice disorders.J Voice. 2007; 21: 576-590
- Delayed otolaryngology referral for voice disorders increases health care costs..Am J Med. 2015; 128 (426.e11-18)
- Resident Education in Laryngeal Stroboscopy and Perceptual Voice Evaluation: An Assessment.J Voice. Published online 2018;
- An in vivo model of external superior laryngeal nerve paralysis.Laryngoscope. 2009; 119: `1017-1032
- Voice, Speech, and Laryngeal Features of Primary Sjögren's Syndrome.Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2014; 123: 778-785
- Treatment Outcomes of Bilateral Medialization Thyroplasty for Presbylaryngis.J Voice. 2019; 33: 40-44
IBM Corp. Released 2017. IBM SPSS Statistics for Mac, Version 26.0. Armonk, NY: IBM Corp.
- Intraclass correlations: Uses in assessing rater reliability.Psychological Bulletin. 1979; 86: 420-428
- Computing Inter-Rater Reliability for Observational Data: An Overview and Tutorial.Tutor Quant Methods Psychol. 2012; 8: 23-34
- The measurement of observer agreement for categorical data.Biometrics. 1977; 33: 159-174
Roy N, Barkmeier-Kraemer J, Eadie T, et al. Evidence-Based Clinical Voice Assessment: A Systematic Review. 2013;22:212-226.
- MBS Measurement Tool for Swallow Impairment—MBSImp: Establishing a Standard.Dysphagia. 2008; 23: 392-405
- Comparison of High-Speed Digital Imaging with Stroboscopy for Laryngeal Imaging of Glottal Disorders.Ann Oto Rhinol Larygol. 2008; : 413-424https://doi.org/10.1177/000348940811700603
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Grant information: This publication resulted (in part) from research supported by The American Speech-Language-Hearing Foundation New Century Doctoral Scholarship (Recipient Cara Sauder).
Note: Portions of this paper were presented as a poster presentation at Fall Voice Virtual Conference, October 23-24, 2020
Level of Evidence: Level 2