Abbreviations:F (formant frequency), F1 (first formant), F2 (second formant), VSA (vowel space area), VAI (vowel articulatory index), FCR (formant centralization ratio)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Epiglottic cyst.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2000; 122: 311
- A clinicopathologic study of epiglottic and vallecular cysts.Korean J Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surg. 2004; 47: 157-160
- Stridor in epiglottic cyst: a rare presentation.Int J Head Neck Surg. 2013; 4: 110-111
- Hot potato voice” in peritonsillitis: a misnomer.J Voice. 2006; 20: 616-622
- A huge epiglottic cyst causing airway obstruction in an adult.Chang Gung Med J. 2002; 25: 275-278
- Radiofrequency thermotherapy in the treatment of tongue base lymphoid hyperplasia: case report.J Laryngol Otol. 2015; 129: 398-402
- Discrimination of “hot potato voice” caused by upper airway obstruction utilizing a support vector machine.Laryngoscope. 2019; 129: 1301-1307
- Velopharyngeal (speech) disorder (VP (S) D) without overt cleft palate.Br J F Plast Surgy. 1994; 47: 223-229
- Prosody and voice characteristics of children with cochlear implants.J Commun Disorder. 2007; 40: 66-81
- Characteristics of vowel formants, vowel space, and speech intelligibility produced by children aged 3-6 years.Audiol Speech Res. 2016; 12: 260-268
- Talker differences in clear and conversational speech: acoustic characteristics of vowels.J Speech Lang Hear Res. 2007; 50: 1241
- Vowel articulation in Parkinson's disease.J Voice. 2011; 25: 467-472
- Formant Centralization Ratio (FCR): A proposal for a new acoustic measure of dysarthric speech.J Speech lang Hear Res. 2010; 53: 114
- Toward an acoustic typology of motor speech disorders.Clin Linguis Phons. 2003; 17: 427-445
- Validation of the acoustic voice quality index in the Korean language.J Voice. 2019; 33 (e1-948. e9): 948
- Auditory-perceptual and acoustic methods in measuring dysphonia severity of Korean speech.J Voice. 2016; 30: 587-594
- Effects of intensive voice treatment (the lee silverman voice treatment [LSVT]) on vowel articulation in dysarthric individuals with idiopathic parkinson disease: acoustic and perceptual findings.J Speech Lang Hear Res. 2007; 50: 899-912
- Perceptual evaluation of voice quality and its correlation with acoustic measurements.J Voice. 2004; 18: 299-304
- Peritonsillar abscess as a cause of transient velopharyngeal insufficiency.Cleft Palate-Craniofacial J. 1993; 30: 421-428
- A formant analysis of the Korean monophthongs of the college students speaking Chungnam dialect.Language. 2005; 43: 189-213
- A comparison of parameters of acoustic vowel space in patients with Parkinson's disease.Phon Speech Sciences. 2010; 2: 185-192
- Articulatory changes in muscle tension dysphonia: Evidence of vowel space expansion following manual circumlaryngeal therapy.J Commun Disord. 2009; 42: 124-135
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Conflicts of interest: The authors have no conflicts of interest to declare.
Funding: This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.