Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Oxford Handbook of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.2nd ed. Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK2008
- Effect of sex hormones on human voice physiology: from childhood to senescence.Hormones. 2021; 20https://doi.org/10.1007/s42000-021-00298-y
- Effect of Pregnancy on the Speaking Voice.J Voice. 2009; 23: 490-493https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2007.11.006
- Pregnancy and voice: Changes during the third trimester.J Voice. 2012; 26: 584-586https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2011.10.004
- Pregnancy and the singing voice: reports from a case study.J Voice. 2012; 26: 431-439https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2010.10.010
- Acoustic and aerodynamic measures of the voice during pregnancy.J Voice. 2015; 29: 53-58https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2014.04.005
- Objective and subjective aspects of voice in pregnancy.J Voice. 2016; 30: 70-73https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2015.02.013
Demirci Ş, Tüzüner A, Küçük Z, et al. The impact of pregnancy on nasal resonance. Kulak burun boğaz ihtisas dergisi : KBB = Journal of ear, nose, and throat. 2016;26:7–11. doi:10.5606/kbbihtisas.2016.43067
- Women's voice pitch lowers after pregnancy.Evol Hum Behav. 2018; 39: 457-463https://doi.org/10.1016/j.evolhumbehav.2018.04.002
- Voice changes during pregnancy trimesters in iranian pregnant women.J Voice. 2020; 34: 358-363https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2018.09.016
- Impact of pregnancy on voice: a prospective observational study.Phoniatrics Logopedics Vocol. 2021; (Published online)https://doi.org/10.1080/14015439.2021.1903076
- A cross-sectional study of acoustic and perceptual changes in voice during pregnancy.Current Womens Health Rev. 2021; 17: 1-5https://doi.org/10.2174/1573404817666210315151512
- New guidelines for weight gain during pregnancy: what obstetrician/gynecologists should know.Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 21https://doi.org/10.1097/gco.0b013e328332d24e
- Development and validation of a pregnancy physical activity questionnaire.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2004; (Published online)https://doi.org/10.1249/01.MSS.0000142303.49306.0D
- Transcultural adaptation of the pregnancy physical activity questionnaire-PPAQ to Portuguese: a tool for evaluation of physical activity in Brazilian pregnant.FIEP Bull. 2009; 79: 318-322
- Cross-cultural adaptation, validation, and cutoff values of the brazilian version of the voice symptom scale - VoiSS.J Voice. 2014; 28: 458-468https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2013.11.009
Boersma P, Weenink D. Praat: doing phonetics by computer [Computer program]. Version 6.1.10. retrieved 23 March 2020. Published online 2020: http://www.praat.org/.
- Semi-automatic and automatic tools for generating prosodic descriptors for prosody research.Proceedings of the Tools and Resources for the Analysis of Speech Prosody. 2013; 13: 86-89
- Scripts for the Acoustic Analysis of Speech Data.in: Madureira S Sonoridades: A expressividade na fala, no canto e na declamação /Sonorities: Speech, Singing and Reciting Expressivity. Pontífícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo, São Paulo2016: 164-172
- Methods for studying spontaneous speech.in: Cohn Abigail Cécile Fougeron Cécile Huffman MK The Oxford Handbook of Laboratory Phonology. 1st ed. Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK2012: 896
- Prosodic analysis: data collection for prosodic analysis of continuous speech and dialectal variation.in: Cohn AA Fougeron C Huffman MK The Oxford Handbook of Laboratory Phonology. 2nd ed. Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK2012
- Reliability of objective voice measures of normal speaking voices.J Voice. 2013; 27: 170-176https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2012.07.005
Ross, Earnshaw, K, Gold E. A cautionary tale for phonetic analysis: the variability of speech between and within recording sessions. In: Calhoun S; Escudero P; Tabain M; Warren P, eds. Proceedings of the 19th International Congress of Phonetic Sciences. Canberra, Australia: Australasian Speech Science and Technology Association Inc; 2019: 3090–3094.
- Acoustic voice variation within and between speakers.J Acoust Soc Am. 2019; 146: 1568-1579https://doi.org/10.1121/1.5125134
- The expression of estrogen and progesterone receptors in the human larynx.J Voice. 2013; 27: 376-380https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2013.01.011
- Breath group analysis for reading and spontaneous speech in healthy adults.Folia Phoniatr Logop. 2010; 62: 297-302https://doi.org/10.1159/000316976
- Patterns of silence: performance structures in sentences production.Cognit Psychol. 1979; 11: 58-81
- Breathing patterns during spontaneous speech.J Speech Hear Res. 1995; 38: 124-144
Kallay J, Mayr U, Redford M. Characterizing the coordenation of speech production and breathing. In: Calhoun S, Escudero P, Tabain M, Warren P, eds. Proceedings of XIX International Conference of Phonetic Sciences.Speech Science and Technology Association Inc.; 2019.
- Prosódia.Parábola Editorial. 2019;
- Do body mass index and fat volume influence vocal quality, phonatory range, and aerodynamics in females?.Codas. 2013; 25: 310-318https://doi.org/10.1590/S2317-17822013000400003
- Body mass index and acoustic voice parameters: is there a relationship.Brazilian J Otorhinolaryngol. 2016; 84: 410-415https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bjorl.2017.04.003
- Associations of sex hormones and anthropometry with the speaking voice profile in the adult general population.J Voice. 2018; 32: 261-272https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2017.06.011
- Perceptual, aerodynamic and acoustic evaluation of vocal characteristics in subjects with obesity.J Voice. 2021; 27 (Published online December)https://doi.org/10.1016/J.JVOICE.2021.10.019
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease in pregnancy: a longitudinal study.Trop Gastroenterol. 2014; 35 (Published online): 168-172
- Impact of gastroesophageal reflux disease symptoms on the quality of life in pregnant women.Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2017; 29: 892-896https://doi.org/10.1097/MEG.0000000000000905
- Sinais e sintomas de refluxo laringofaríngeo e sua relação com queixas e qualidade vocal.Codas. 2020; 32https://doi.org/10.1590/2317-1782/20202018052
- Quantifying vocal power: Correlation of whole-body anaerobic power to vocal function measures.J Speech Lang Hear Res. 2020; 63https://doi.org/10.1044/2020_JSLHR-20-00110
- Cepstral peak sensitivity: a theoretic analysis and comparison of several implementations.J Voice. 2015; (Published online)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2014.11.005
- Age-related changes in speech and voice: spectral and cepstral measures.J Speech Lang Hear Res. 2020; (Published online)https://doi.org/10.1044/2019_JSLHR-19-00028
- Vocal health assessment by means of Cepstral Peak Prominence Smoothed distribution in continuous speech.in: MeMeA 2018 - 2018 IEEE International Symposium on Medical Measurements and Applications, Proceedings. 2018https://doi.org/10.1109/MeMeA.2018.8438655
- Use of spectral/cepstral analyses for differentiating normal from hypofunctional voices in sustained vowel and continuous speech contexts.J Speech Lang Hear Res. 2011; 54: 1525-1537https://doi.org/10.1044/1092-4388(2011/10-0209
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
This study received financial support from the Fundo de Incentivo à Pesquisa e Eventos (FIPE) of the Grupo de Pesquisa e Pós-Graduação of the Hospital de Clínicas de Porto Alegre. Edison Capp is a recipient of a scholarship from CNPq – Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico, Brazil.