Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Listening effort and fatigue in school-age children with and without hearing loss.J Speech Lang Hear Res. 2002; 45: 573-584https://doi.org/10.1044/1092-4388(2002/046
- Toward a consensus description of vocal effort, vocal load, vocal loading, and vocal fatigue.J Speech Lang Hear Res. 2020; 63: 509-532https://doi.org/10.1044/2019_JSLHR-19-00057
- Voice changes in real speaking situations during a day, with and without vocal loading: assessing call center operators.J Voice. 2016; 30 (:247.e1–11.)
- From vocal effort to vocal fatigue. What does the literature say.in: Proceedings of 11th International Conference on Voice Physiology and Biomechanics, East Lansing, MI. 2018 (Available at:)https://indico.fnal.gov/event/15214Date accessed: May 1, 2022
- Work-related communicative profile of radio broadcasters: a case study.Logoped Phoniatr Vocol. 2019; 44: 178-191https://doi.org/10.1080/14015439.2018.1504983
- Do we need a measure of vocal effort? Clinician's report of vocal effort in voice patients.Perspect ASHA SIGs. 2021; 6: 69-79https://doi.org/10.1044/2020_PERSP-20-00258
- Using the Borg CR10 physical exertion scale to measure patient-perceived vocal effort pre and post treatment.J. Voice. 2017; 31: 389.e19-389.e25https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2016.09.023
- Le signe de l'elevation de la voix.Ann Mal de L'Oreille et du Larynx. 1911; : 101-119
- The Lombard reflex and its role on human listeners and automatic speech recognizers.J Acoust Soc Am. 1993; 93: 510-524https://doi.org/10.1121/1.405631
- Effects of voice style, noise level, and acoustic feedback on objective and subjective voice evaluations.J Acoust Soc Am. 2015; 138: EL498-EL503https://doi.org/10.1121/1.4936643
- Acoustic effects of variation in vocal effort by men, women, and children.J Acoust Soc Am. 2000; 107: 3438-3451https://doi.org/10.1121/1.429414
- Effect of vocal effort on spectral properties of vowels.J Acoust Soc Am. 1999; 106: 411-422https://doi.org/10.1121/1.428140
- Acoustic correlates of vocal effort: external factors and personality traits.Eur Ann Otorhinolaryngol Head Neck Dis. 2019; 136: 151-154https://doi.org/10.1016/j.anorl.2019.02.010
- Vocal effort with changing talker-to-listener distance in different acoustic environments.J Acoust Soc Am. 2011; 129: 1981-1990https://doi.org/10.1121/1.3552881
- Vowel hyperarticulation in parrot-, dog- and infant-directed speech.Anthrozoös. 2013; 26: 373-380https://doi.org/10.2752/175303713X13697429463592
- Phonological variation in child-directed speech.Language. 2005; 81: 177-206https://doi.org/10.1353/lan.2005.0018
- Talker differences in clear and conversational speech: acoustic characteristics of vowels.J Speech Lang Hear Res. 2007; 50: 1241-1255https://doi.org/10.1044/1092-4388(2007/087
- The impact of communication modality on voice production.J Speech Lang Hear Res. 2020; 63: 2913-2920https://doi.org/10.1044/2020_JSLHR-20-00161
- The impact of a standardized vocal loading test on vocal fold oscillations.Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2020; 277: 1699-1705https://doi.org/10.1007/s00405-020-05791-5
- Evaluation of the starting point of the Lombard effect.Acta Acust United Acust. 2017; 103: 169-172https://doi.org/10.3813/AAA.919043
- Speech adjustments for room acoustics and their effects on vocal effort.J Voice. 2017; 31: 392.e1-392.e12https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2016.10.001
- Cognitive influences on perceived phonatory exertion using the Borg CR10.Logoped Phoniatr Vocol. 2020; 45: 123-133https://doi.org/10.1080/14015439.2019.1617895
Borg G. Borg's perceived exertion and pain scales. Champaign, IL:Human kinetics, 1998, ISBN: 0-88011-623-4.
- Relationship between tasked vocal effort levels and measures of vocal intensity.J Speech Lang Hear Res. 2021; 64: 1829-1840https://doi.org/10.1044/2021_JSLHR-20-00465
- Development and validation of the voice handicap index-10.Laryngoscope. 2004; 114: 1549-1556https://doi.org/10.1097/00005537-200409000-00009
- Vocal fatigue index (VFI): development and validation.J. Voice. 2015; 29: 433-440https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2014.09.012
- A short scale for assessing the big five dimensions of personality: 10 item Big Five Inventory (BFI-10).17 Pages /methods, data, analyses. 2013; 7 (2017)https://doi.org/10.12758/mda.2013.013
- Is the relationship of RPE to psychological factors intensity-dependent?.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2005; 37: 1365-1373https://doi.org/10.1249/01.mss.0000174897.25739.3c
- The influence of personality on reported pain and self-efficacy for pain management in older cancer patients.J Health Psychol. 2014; 19: 1261-1270https://doi.org/10.1177/1359105313488976
ISO 9921. Ergonomics—Assessment of speech communication. International Organization for Standardization, Geneva;2003.
IBM Corp. Released 2020. IBM SPSS Statistics for Windows, Version 27.0. Armonk, NY: IBM Corp.
- Voice amplification versus vocal hygiene instruction for teachers with voice disorders.J Speech Lang Hear Res. 2002; 45: 625-638https://doi.org/10.1044/1092-4388(2002/050
- Impacts of COVID-19-related social distancing measures on personal environmental sound exposures.Environ Res Lett. 2020; 15104094https://doi.org/10.1088/1748-9326/abb494
- A study of classroom acoustics and school teachers' noise exposure, voice load and speaking time during teaching, and the effects on vocal and mental fatigue development.Int Arch Occup Environ Health. 2014; 87: 851-860https://doi.org/10.1007/s00420-014-0927-8
- The prevalence and risk factors for occupational voice disorders in teachers.Folia Phoniatr Logop. 2006; 58: 85-101https://doi.org/10.1159/000089610