Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The Stakeholder Model of voice research: acknowledging barriers to human rights of all stakeholders in a communicative exchange.Int J Speech Lang Pathol. 2018; 20 (2018/01/02): 63-66https://doi.org/10.1080/17549507.2017.1400102
- The daily working voice.(ProQuest)in: Ebooks C Voice Work Art and Science in Changing Voices. Wiley-Blackwell, Chichester, U.K.2009: 443-460 (chap 28)
Cantor Cutiva LC. Association between occupational voice use and occurrence of voice disorders: A meta-analysis. Areté. 2018;18:1–10.
- Occupational voice is a work in progress: active risk management, habilitation and rehabilitation.Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2019; 27: 439-447https://doi.org/10.1097/MOO.0000000000000584
- Occupational safety and health aspects of voice and speech professions.Folia Phoniatr Logop. 2004; 56: 220-253https://doi.org/10.1159/000078344
- Voice disorder and voice ergonomics.in: Sala E Rantala L Voice Ergonomics: Occupational and Professional Voice Care. Cambridge Scholars Publishing, Newcastle upon Tyne2019: 6-24
- Identifying occupations at risk for laryngeal disorders requiring specialty voice care.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2017; 157: 670-675https://doi.org/10.1177/0194599817726528
- Occupational groups at risk of voice disorders: a review of the literature.Occup Med (Lond). 2003; 53 (%J Occupational Medicine): 456-460https://doi.org/10.1093/occmed/kqg113
- The impact of vocal and laryngeal pathologies among professional singers: a meta-analysis.J Voice. 2019; 33: 58-65https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2017.09.002
- Working postures.in: Sala E Rantala L Voice Ergonomics: Occupational and Professional Voice Care. Cambridge Scholars Publishing, Newcastle upon Tyne2019: 69-78 (chap 4)
- Speaking environment-background and activity noise.in: Sala E Rantala L Voice Ergonomics: Occupational and Professional Voice Care. Cambridge Scholars Publishing, Newcastle upon Tyne2019: 30-46 (chap 2)
- Indoor climate.in: Sala E Rantala L Voice Ergonomics: Occupational and Professional Voice Care. Cambridge Scholars Publishing, Newcastle upon Tyne2019: 55-62 (chap 3)
- Toward a consensus description of vocal effort, vocal load, vocal loading, and vocal fatigue.J Speech Lang Hear Res. 2020; 63: 509-532https://doi.org/10.1044/2019_JSLHR-19-00057
- Review: occupational risks for voice problems.Logoped Phoniatr Vocolog. 2001; 26: 37-46https://doi.org/10.1080/14015430119969
- Perspectives on the impact on vocal function of heavy vocal load among working professional music theater performers.J Voice. 2013; 27 (390.e31-390.e39)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2012.12.003
- Teacher Views on Teacher Voice: Elementary Music Teacher Perceptions of Voice Use in the Workplace.Columbia University, New York, US2018
- Respiratory and laryngeal function in teachers: Pre- and post-vocal loading challenge.J Voice. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2017.11.015
- Voice disorders in teachers. A review.J Voice. 2014; 28: 716-724https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2014.02.008
- Prologues to a Bad Voice”: effect of vocal hygiene knowledge and training on voice quality following stage performance.J Voice. 2018; 32: 300-306https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2017.05.026
- Voice disorders in actors.J Voice. 2013; 27: 705-708https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2013.05.006
- Vocal performance of group fitness instructors before and after instruction: changes in acoustic measures and self-ratings.J Voice. 2016; 30 (127.e1-127.e8)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2015.02.007
- Vocal problems in sports and fitness instructors: a study of prevalence, risk factors, and need for prevention in france.J Voice. 2017; 31 (261.e33-261.e38)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2016.04.014
- Occupational voice demands and their impact on the call-centre industry.BMC Public Health. 2009; 9: 108https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2458-9-108
- Adding insult to injury: cochlear nerve degeneration after "temporary" noise-induced hearing loss.J Neurosci. 2009; 29: 14077-14085https://doi.org/10.1523/JNEUROSCI.2845-09.2009
- Occupational noise-induced hearing loss.J Occup Environ Med. 2018; 60: e498-e501https://doi.org/10.1097/JOM.0000000000001423
- Occupational Voice Care and Cure.Kugler Publications, Hague, the Netherlands2001
McNary D. SAG-AFTRA members ratify three-year video game contract. Variety. Available at: https://variety.com/2017/digital/news/sag-aftra-ratify-videogame-contract-1202609726/, Accessed December 10, 2019.
- SAG-AFTRA Strike Continues.Back Stage - National Edition. 2016; 57: 10
- Voice actors speak out about their 300-day fight for basic needs.Polygon. 2017; (Accessed December 10, 2019.)
Robb D. SAG-AFTRA strikes the video game industry. Available at: https://deadline.com/2016/10/sag-aftra-video-games-voice-actors-strike-1201840333/, Accessed December 10, 2019.
Wawro A. Video game voice actors' union calls on state regulator to improve working conditions Gamasutra. 2019. Available at: https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/274363/Video_game_voice_actors_union_calls_on_state_regulator_to_improve_working_conditions.php, Accessed December 10, 2019
Needleman SE. Videogame Actors Strike Over Pay. Wall Street Journal. Available at: https://search.proquest.com/docview/1831175484?accountid=14723, Accessed December 10, 2019
- Video Game Voice Actors Reach Deal to End Almost Year-long Strike.AOL Inc, 2017Accessed December 10, 2019)
Robb D. Video game strike: actors take to virtual SAG-AFTRA picket line. Deadline. Available at: https://deadline.com/2016/11/video-game-strike-actors-virtual-picket-line-twitter-1201859021/. Accessed December 10, 2019.
Ray M. Here's to hopeful conversation and compromise #Performancematters. Available at: https://twitter.com/Marisha_Ray/status/827236970732548096. Accessed December 13, 2019.
Riegel S. Yo @EA and @Activision - let's come back to the table and work together cuz #PerformanceMatters #RT. Available at: https://twitter.com/samriegel/status/801189600521658368. Accessed December 13, 2019.
O'Brien L. Hey @EA & @Activision we love the characters in your games And we know immersive experience is your goal #PerformanceMatters #SAGAFTRA. Available at: https://twitter.com/VoiceOfOBrien/status/801161435359232000. Accessed December 13, 2019.
Taylor C. Fair terms and real solutions serve to elevate our industry for everyone who works on games and the fans who play Red heartRed heartRed heart#PerformanceMatters. Available at: https://twitter.com/courtenaytaylor/status/910958794624049157. Accessed December 13, 2019.
Jones C. Liam nails it (again) When we pour our heart & soul into these games, you know that #PerformanceMatters every time. Available at: https://twitter.com/cissyspeaks/status/910975072382230528. Accessed December 13, 2019.
Williams, I. The ongoing voice actor's strike is more than just a little drama. Vice Media Group. Available at: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/nznyxq/the-ongoing-voice-actors-strike-is-more-than-just-a-little-drama. Accessed December 10, 2019.
Needleman SE. Videogame Voice Actors Go on Strike; Actor's group is negotiating terms for a new contract with a coalition of nine videogame companies. Wall Street Journal. Available at: https://search.proquest.com/docview/1830638202?accountid=14723. Accessed 10 December, 2019.
Frank A. Video game voice actors end their yearlong strike: The strike is over, if voice actors want it. Polygon. Available at: https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/8/16619342/video-game-voice-acting-voice-acting-strike-ove. Accessed August 18, 2019.
Robb D. SAG-AFTRA reaches deal to end video game strike, longest in union's history. Deadline. Available at: https://deadline.com/2017/09/sag-aftra-video-game-strike-over-tentative-agreement-1202176643. Accessed December 10, 2019.
Siddiq Z. SAG-AFTRA video game voice actor strike nears conclusion. University Wire. Available at: https://search.proquest.com/docview/1956207728?accountid=14723. Accessed December 10, 2019.
- Screaming for attention: the vocal demands of actors in violent interactive games.J Voice. 2017; 31: 1-2https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2016.02.001
- Philadelphia, PA2018 Detection of Vocal Fatigue in Voice Acting Using Glottal Notch Acceleration. presented at: The Voice Foundation 47th Annual Symposium Care of the Professional Voice,
- Mitigating dysphonia, pain, and vocal handicap after violent video game voice overs: a pilot investigation into vocal combat technique training.J Voice. 2022; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2022.06.015
Alliance of Canadian Cinema TaRAT. Vocal Stress in video game voiceover survey. Available at: https://www.actratoronto.com/vocal-stress-in-videogame-voiceover-survey/. Accessed August 9, 2022.
Webb K. The $120 billion gaming industry is going through more change than it ever has before, and everyone is trying to cash in. Buiness Insider Australia. Available at: https://www.forbes.com/sites/ilkerkoksal/2019/11/08/video-gaming-industry–its-revenue-shift/#232c64b5663e, Accessed December 17, 2019.
- You're a what? Voice actor.Occup Outlook Q. 2009; 53: 30-31
Creating vocal safety standards in video game recording sessions. Screen Actors Guild - American Federation Of Television And Radio Artists (SAG - AFTRA). Available at: https://www.sagaftra.org/files/cal-osha.pdf. Accessed December 16, 2019.
BusinessWire. Global digital gaming market 2018-2023: Key growth factors & threats and key players. BusinessWire. Updated July 24, 2018. Available at: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180724005826/en/Global-Digital-Gaming-Market-2018-2023-Key-Growth. Accessed November 1, 2019.
Griner D. Why aren't video game actors treated like stars? Polygon. Available at: https://www.polygon.com/features/2013/4/2/4104160/why-arent-video-game-actors-treated-like-stars. Accessed December 10, 2019.
Williams I. The ongoing voice actor's strike is more than just a little drama. Vice Media Group. Available at: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/nznyxq/the-ongoing-voice-actors-strike-is-more-than-just-a-little-drama. Accessed Devember 10, 2019.
- The sounds of violence: vocal training in stage combat.Theatre Topics. 1991; 1: 73-86https://doi.org/10.1353/tt.2010.0003
- The quadruple threat: the importance of stage violence education in the post-secondary musical theatre sphere.Voice Speech Rev. 2020; : 1-14https://doi.org/10.1080/23268263.2020.1831761
- Vocal violence in actors: an investigation into its acoustic consequences and the effects of hygienic laryngeal release training.J Voice. 2000; 14: 215-230https://doi.org/10.1016/S0892-1997(00)80029-6
- Vocal fatigue symptoms and laryngeal status in relation to vocal activity limitation and participation restriction.J Voice. 2017; 31 (248.e7-248.e10)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2016.07.025
- Development of a modified diagnostic classification system for voice disorders with inter-rater reliability study.Logoped Phoniatr Vocolog. 2007; 32: 99-112https://doi.org/10.1080/14015430701431192
- Vocal fatigue and its relation to vocal hyperfunction.Int J Speech Lang Pathol. 2008; 10: 254-266
- Vocal fatigue: current knowledge and future directions.J Voice. 2003; 17: 21-30https://doi.org/10.1016/S0892-1997(03)00033-X
- Greene and Mathieson’s The Voice and its Disorders.6th ed. Whurr Publishers, London; Philadelphia2001
- Vocal fatigue—do young speech-language pathologists practice what they preach?.J Voice. 2019; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2018.11.015
- Factors involved in vocal fatigue: a pilot study.Folia Phoniatr Logop. 2016; 68: 112-118https://doi.org/10.1159/000452127
- Recovery from heavy vocal loading in women with different degrees of functional voice problems.J Voice. 2017; 31 (645.e1-645.e14)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2016.12.012
- Vocal quality in theater actors.J Voice. 2017; 31 (510.e7-510.e14)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2016.11.008
- Prevalence of voice disorders in singers: systematic review and meta-analysis.J Voice. 2017; 31: 722-727https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2017.02.010
- Vocal health education and medical resources for graduate-level vocal performance students.J Voice. 2017; 31 (251.e1-251.e7)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2016.07.011
- The impact of voice disorders among teachers: vocal complaints, treatment-seeking behavior, knowledge of vocal care, and voice-related absenteeism.J Voice. 2011; 25https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2010.04.008
- Voice problems of group fitness instructors: diagnosis, treatment, perceived and experienced attitudes and expectations of the industry.J Voice. 2013; 27 (786.e1-786.e9)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2013.03.012
- Effects of vocal demands on voice performance of student singers.J Voice. 2015; 29 (2015/05/01/): 324-332https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2014.07.004
- Knowledge, experience, and anxieties of young classical singers in training.J Voice. 2014; 28: 191-195https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2013.08.006
- Keeping the voice fit in the group fitness industry: a qualitative study to determine what instructors want in a voice education program.J Voice. 2018; 32 (256.e25-256.e34)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2017.04.014
- International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health: ICF.World Health Organization, Geneva2001
- What makes a good voice for radio: perceptions of radio employers and educators.J Voice. 2012; 27https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2012.08.010
- Application of the ICF in Voice Disorders.Semin Speech Lang. 2007; 28: 343-350https://doi.org/10.1055/s-2007-986531
- Recommended protocols for instrumental assessment of voice: american speech-language-hearing association expert panel to develop a protocol for instrumental assessment of vocal function.Am J Speech Lang Pathol. 2018; 27: 887-905https://doi.org/10.1044/2018_AJSLP-17-0009
- Auditory-perceptual evaluation of disordered voice quality.Folia Phoniatr Logop. 2009; 61: 49-56https://doi.org/10.1159/000200768
- Voice activity and participation profile: assessing the impact of voice disorders on daily activities.J Speech Lang Hear Res. 2001; 44: 511-524https://doi.org/10.1044/1092-4388(2001/040
- Vocal problems of group fitness instructors: prevalence of self-reported sensory and auditory-perceptual voice symptoms and the need for preventative education and training.J Voice. 2013; 27 (524 e11-21)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2013.01.016
- Studies on voice production with a special emphasis on vocal loading, gender, some exposure factors and intensity regulation.Helsinki University of Technology. 2001;