Abbreviations:NLH (Neurogenic laryngeal hypersensitivity), NLHQ (Newcastle Laryngeal Hypersensitivity Questionnaire), SLP (Speech language pathologist)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Laryngeal dysfunction: assessment and management for the clinician.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2016; 194: 1062-1072
- Laryngeal hypersensitivity in chronic cough.Pulm Pharmacol Ther. 2015; 35: 111-116
- Cough, a vital reflex. mechanisms, determinants and measurements.Acta bio-medica : Atenei Parmensis. 2019; 89: 477-480
- Laryngeal hypersensitivity in the World Trade Center-exposed population: the role for respiratory retraining.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2012; 186 (PMID: 22942344): 402-403https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.201205-0808OE
- Use of botulinum toxin type A for chronic cough: a neuropathic model.Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2010; 136 (PMID: 20479373): 447-452https://doi.org/10.1001/archoto.2010.59
- Sensitivity of the cough reflex in patients with chronic cough.Eur Respir J. 1992; 5: 296-300
- Chronic cough from the patient's perspective.Mayo Clin Proc. 2007; 82: 56-60
- Are there clinical features of sensitized cough reflex?.Pulm Pharmacol Ther. 2009; 22: 59-64
- Prevalence of psychomorbidity among patients with chronic cough.Cough. 2006; 2: 4
- Quality of life in patients with chronic cough.Ther Adv Respir Dis. 2010; 4: 49-55
- Treatment of unexplained chronic cough: CHEST guideline and expert panel report.Chest. 2016; 149: 27-44
- Efficacy of speech pathology management for chronic cough: a randomised placebo controlled trial of treatment efficacy.Thorax. 2006; 61: 1065-1069
- Voice therapy techniques adapted to treatment of habit cough: a pilot study.J Commun Disord. 1988; 21: 393-400
- Respiratory retraining of refractory cough and laryngopharyngeal reflux in patients with paradoxical vocal fold movement disorder.Laryngoscope. 2004; 114: 1341-1345
- Characterization of laryngeal dysfunction in chronic persistent cough.Laryngoscope. 2009; 119: 640-645
- The evolving clinical practice of chronic cough.Mayo Clin Proc. 2022; (S0025-6196(22)00105-7)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mayocp.2022.02.005
- Development and validation of the Newcastle laryngeal hypersensitivity questionnaire.Cough. 2014; 10: 1
- Anatomy and neurophysiology of the cough reflex: ACCP evidence-based clinical practice guidelines.Chest. 2006; 129: 33S-47S
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
CH and EV contributed equally to this work and will be co-first authors.
This research was presented at Fall Voice 2020, accepted at ASHA 2020, and presented orally at ASHA 2021.
Supported by: The authors have no funding, financial relationships, or conflicts of interest to disclose