Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Schneider S, Courey M. Transgender voice and communication: Vocal health and considerations. 2016. Available at: https://transcare.ucsf.edu/guidelines/vocal-health, Accessed July 7, 2022.
- Working with the transgender voice: the role of the speech and language therapist.Sexologies. 2008; 17: 271-276https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sexol.2008.08.003
- Voice and communication change for gender nonconforming individuals: giving voice to the person inside.Int J Transgend. 2015; 16 (Available at): 117-159
- Knowledge, training, and attitudes of students and speech-language pathologists about providing communication services to individuals who are transgender.Am J Speech Lang Pathol. 2020; 29: 597-610https://doi.org/10.1044/2020_AJSLP-19-00148
- Culturally competent care for transgender voice and communication intervention.Perspect ASHA Spec Interest Groups. 2020; 5: 457-462https://doi.org/10.1044/2020_PERSP-19-00117
Kalra MA. Voice therapy with a transsexual. Paper presented at the American Speech and Hearing Association Convention, Chicago, IL. 1977.
- Adler RK Hirsch S Mordaunt M Voice and communication therapy for the transgender/transsexual client: A comprehensive clinical guide. 2nd ed. Plural Publishing, San Diego, CA2012
- Comprehensive Care of the Transgender Patient.Elsevier Health Sciences, Philadelphia, PA2019
- Voice and Communication Therapy with Trans and Non-binary People: Sharing the Clinical Space.Jessica Kingsley Publishers, Philadelphia, PA2020
- The SLP as counselor for the transgender client.Perspect ASHA Spec Interest Groups. 2017; 2: 92-101https://doi.org/10.1044/persp2.SIG10.92
- Clinical aspects of transgender speech feminization and masculinization.Int J Transgend. 2006; 9: 167-196https://doi.org/10.1300/J485v09n03_08
- Transgender voice and communication treatment: A retrospective chart review of 25 cases.Int J Lang Commun Disord. 2013; 48: 54-65https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1460-6984.2012.00185.x
- Changing the speech and language of the male to female transsexual client: A case study.J Kansas Speech-Language-Hearing Association. 1985; 25: 1-6
- Speech pathology considerations in the management of transsexualism-A review.Br J Disord Commun. 1983; 18: 139-151https://doi.org/10.3109/13682828309012237
- Transgender voice and communication: research evidence underpinning voice intervention for male-to-female transsexual women.Perspect Voice and Voice Disorders. 2015; 25: 48-58https://doi.org/10.1044/vvd25.2.48
- Assessment and goal setting: Revisited.in: Adler RK Hirsch S Mordaunt M Voice and communication therapy for the transgender/transsexual client: A comprehensive clinical guide. 2nd Ed. Plural Publishing, San Diego, CA2012: 111-138
- Voice treatment for the male-to-female transsexual.in: Stemple JC, Voice therapy: Clinical studies. 2nd Ed. Thomson Delmar Learning, Clifton Park, NY2000: 274-282
- Evidence-based practice in voice therapy for transgender/transsexual clients.in: Adler R Hirsch S Mordaunt M Voice and communication therapy for the transgender/transsexual client: A comprehensive clinical guide. 2nd ed. Plural Publishing, San Diego, CA2012: 45-68
- Voice and communication intervention for individuals in the transgender community: An historical perspective and review of the literature.in: Adler R. Hirsch S. Mordaunt M. Voice and communication therapy for the transgender/transsexual client: A comprehensive clinical guide. 2nd Ed. Plural Publishing, San Diego, CA2012: 1-33
- Physiologic and acoustic differences between male and female voices.J Acoust Soc Am. 1989; 85: 1699-1707https://doi.org/10.1121/1.397959
- Phonetic differences between male and female speech.Language & Linguistics Compass. 2015; 3: 621-640https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1749-818X.2009.00125.x
- The perceptual representation of voice gender.J Acoust Soc Am. 1995; 98: 3080-3095https://doi.org/10.1121/1.413832
- Influences of fundamental frequency, formant frequencies, aperiodicity, and spectrum level on the perception of voice gender.J Speech Lang Hear Res. 2014; 51: 285-296https://doi.org/10.1044/1092-4388(2013/12-0314
- Speaking fundamental frequency and vowel formant frequencies: effects on perception of gender.J Voice. 2013; 27: 556-566https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2012.11.008
- Sex matters: Neural correlates of voice gender perception.Neuroimage. 2013; 79 (Available at): 275-287
- More than just two sexes: the neural correlates of voice gender perception in gender dysphoria.PLoS One. 2014; 9 (Available at): 1-12
- Peabody Picture Vocabulary Test Manual.4th ed. Pearson Assessments, Bloomington, MN2007
- Generic pronouns and sexist language: the oxymoronic character of masculine generics.Sex Roles. 1990; 23: 629-643https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00289252
- Modern Responses to Traditional Pitfalls in Gender Affirming Behavioral Voice Modification.Otolaryngol Clin North Am. 2022; 55: 727-738https://doi.org/10.1016/j.otc.2022.05.001