Material and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Telehealth use in speech, language and hearing pathology in Brazil: systematic review.Rev CEFAC. 2015; 17: 2033-2043https://doi.org/10.1590/1982-021620151769015
World Health Organization.mHealth: New Horizons for Health through Mobile Technologies: Based on the Findings of the Second Global Survey on eHealth (Global Observatory for eHealth Series, Volume 3). 2011. World Health Organization. ISBN: 978-92-4-156425-0.
World Health Organization. Report EB142/20. mHealth. Use of appropriate digital technologies for public health. 2017.
- Chronic kidney disease: exploring new strategies of communication for health promotion.Brazilian J Health Promotion. 2018; 31: 1-8https://doi.org/10.5020/18061230.2018.8753
- Design and evaluation of mhealth technology for vocal health promotion.RISTI - Iberian J Inform Sys Technol. 2016; 19: 46-60https://doi.org/10.17013/risti.19.46-60
- Voice disorder Detection via an m-health system: design and results of a clinical study to evaluate Vox4Health.Biomed Res Int. 2018; : 1-19https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/8193694
- Prototype app for voice therapy: a peer review.CoDAS. 2017; 29: 1-9https://doi.org/10.1590/2317-1782/20172015300
- Development and application of a vocal health and hygiene game in adults.CoDAS. 2019; 310: 1-10https://doi.org/10.1590/2317-1782/20182018184
Teixeira LC, Beça P, Freitas J, et al. Usability and acceptability of an online tool to promote health of the teacher's voice: pilot study. Presented at: 14th Iberian Conference on Information Systems and Technologies (CISTI), Coimbra, Portugal. 2019:1–6. https://doi.org/10.23919/CISTI.2019.8760678.
- Epidemiology of voice disorders in teachers and nonteachers in Brazil: prevalence and adverse effects.J Voice. 2012; 26 (665.e9–18)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2011.09.010
- Work-related voice disorder: an integrative review.Brazilian J Occupational Health. 2020; 45: 1-14https://doi.org/10.1590/2317-6369000040218
- Prevalence of voice disorders in teachers and the general population.J Speech Lang Hear Res. 2004; 47: 281-293https://doi.org/10.1044/1092-4388(2004/023
Observavoz [homepage on the internet]. Saúde e Voz. Available at: https://www.medicina.ufmg.br/observavoz/sala-de-espera/. Accessed September 6, 2021.
- Usability assessment: a systematic review of the literature.RISTI - Iberian J Informn Syst Technol. 2013; 11: 31-44https://doi.org/10.4304/risti.11.31-44
- Technology acceptance research in education.in: Teo T. Technology Acceptance in Education. Sense Publishers, Roterdã2011: 1-5https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-6091-487-4_1
- Testing usability and acceptability of a web application to promote physical activity (iCanFit) among older adults.JMIR. 2014; 1: e2https://doi.org/10.2196/humanfactors.3787
Chen, L., Rai, A. and Krishnan, G. Consumer awareness and use of mobile health services in India: an urban–rural comparison study. Thirty Fifth International Conference on Information Systems.15 December 2014; Auckland, NZ; 2014.
- Understanding determinants of consumer mobile health usage intentions, assimilation, and channel preferences.J Med Internet Res. 2013; 15: e149https://doi.org/10.2196/jmir.2635
- Cognitive factors of using health apps: Systematic analysis of relationships among health consciousness, health information orientation, eHealth literacy, and health app use efficacy.J Med Internet Res. 2014; 16: 1-10https://doi.org/10.2196/jmir.3283
- Determinants of individuals’ intention to use mobile health: insights from India.Transform Govern People Proc Policy. 2019; 13: 306-326https://doi.org/10.1108/TG-04-2019-0027
- Determinants of adoption of mobile health services.Online Informat Rev. 2015; 39: 556-573https://doi.org/10.1108/OIR-01-2015-0007
- Gaps in knowledge: tracking and explaining gender diferences in health information seeking.Soc Sci Med. 2015; 128: 151-158https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2015.01.028
- Influencing factors of acceptance and use behavior of mobile health application users: systematic review.Healthcare. 2021; 9: 1-13https://doi.org/10.3390/2Fhealthcare9030357
- Mobile Health 2012.Pew Research Center. 2012; : 1-29
- Health app se Among US mobile phone users: analysis of trends by chronic disease status.JMIR mHealth uHealth. 2017; 5: e197https://doi.org/10.2196/mhealth.7832
- Health app possession among smartphone or tablet owners in Hong Kong: population-based survey.JMIR mHealth uHealth. 2017; 5: 21-34https://doi.org/10.2196/mhealth.7628
- SUS: a retrospective.J Usability Stud. 2013; 8: 29-40
- European Portuguese validation of the System Usability Scale (SUS).Procedia Com Sci. 2015; 67: 293-300https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2015.09.273
- Validation of the voice handicap index: 10 (VHI-10) to the Brazilian Portuguese.CoDAS. 2013; 25: 482-485https://doi.org/10.1590/S2317-17822013000500013
- Vocal fatigue index: validation and cut-off values of the Brazilian Version.J Voice. 2020; : 1-8https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2020.06.018
- Efficiency and cutoff values of self-assessment instruments on the Impact of a Voice Problem.J Voice. 2016; 30: 506.e9-506.e18https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2015.05.022
- Fatigue, effort and vocal discomfort in teachers after teaching activity.CoDAS. 2021; 33: 1-8https://doi.org/10.1590/2317-1782/20202020067
- Assembling questionnaires to measure user satisfaction: evaluation of the interface of a system that uses image retrieval technique by content.(Presented at:)in: IHC 2008 - VlJI Proceedings of the VIII Brazilian Symposium on Human Factors in Computing Systems. 176. 2008: 185https://doi.org/10.1145/1497470.1497490
- Usability and Quality of Information: a study of the Student Portal of the Federal University of Espírito Santo.Inf Soc Est João Pessoa. 2016; 26: 211-230
- Technology Acceptance Model (TAM) applied to information system of the Virtual Health Library (VHL) in medicine school of the Recife metropolitan área.Inform Soc: Studies. 2013; 19: 1-17
- Application of the technology acceptance model to cloud computing.Manag Pers Knowl. 2016; 6: 188-207
- Acceptance of assessment of technological tools in teacher academic work environment.Univ Manag Mag Latin Am. 2019; 12: 1-15https://doi.org/10.5007/1983-4535.2019v12n2p118
- Usability challenges for health and wellness mobile apps: mixed-methods study among mHealth experts and consumers.JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2019; 7: e12160https://doi.org/10.2196/12160
- Teaching work in higher education and vocal health: a bibliographic review study.Sci Station (UNIFAP). 2016; 6: 67-77https://doi.org/10.18468/estcien.2016v6n2.p67-77
- The voice of the teacher: a tool that needs care.J Res Fundam Care Online. 2015; 7: 2865-2873https://doi.org/10.9789/2175-5361.2015.v7i3.2865-2873
- Vocal symptoms and self-reported causes in teachers.CEFAC. 2016; 18: 158-166https://doi.org/10.1590/1982-021620161817915
- Voice symptoms in teachers during distance teaching: a survey during the COVID19 pandemic in Finland.Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2021; : 1-8https://doi.org/10.1007/s00405-021-06960-w
- Correlation between Vocal fatigue and voice handicap in primary school teachers. An intern.J Otorhinolar Clin. 2019; 11: 30-33https://doi.org/10.5005/jp-journals-10003-1327
- The relationship between vocal fatigue index and voice handicap index in university professors with and without voice complaint.J Voice. 2020; 34: 809e1-809e5https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2019.01.010
- Leite APD. Perception of fatigue in professors according to the level of knowledge of vocal health and hygiene.Audiol Commun Res. 2019; 24: 1-5https://doi.org/10.1590/2317-6431-2019-2163
- Gender differences in the reporting of vocal fatigue in teachers as quantified by the vocal fatigue index.Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2017; 126: 813-818https://doi.org/10.1177/0003489417738788
- Teacher's voice: vocal tract discomfort symptoms, vocal intensity and noise in the classroom.CoDAS. 2016; 28: 168-175https://doi.org/10.1590/2317-1782/20162015027
- Use of VoiceGuard application by teachers: structuring the experience map.Iberian J Informat Syst Technol. 2020; 25: 380-395
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Coordination for the Improvement of Higher Education Personnel (CAPES) granted the master's scholarship that financed the execution of this study (process number 88887.484720/2020).