Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Heavy breathers: opening night soprano Montserrat Caballe and flutist Ransom Wilson compare notes on how they support their sounds.Opera News. 1980; (September): 43-45
- Chest wall shape in singing.in: Lawrence V Transcripts of the seventh symposium on care of the professional voice, part I: the scientific papers. Voice Foundation, New York1979
- Kinematics of the chest wall during speech production: volume displacements of the rib cage, abdomen, and lung.J Speech Hear Res. 1973; 16: 78-115
- Respiratory kinematics in classical (opera) singers.J Speech Hear Res. 1985; 28: 104-122
- Mechanical role of the abdominal muscles in relation to posture.Respir Physiol. 1983; 53: 341-353
- Abdominal muscle activity during speech production.J Appl Physiol. 1988; (in press)
- Regional differences in abdominal muscle activity during various maneuvers in humans.J Appl Physiol. 1981; 51: 1471-1476
- The activity of respiratory muscles in up-right and recumbent man.J Appl Physiol. 1981; 51: 1552-1561
- Electromyographic study of patterns of activity of the anterior abdominal wall muscles in man.J Anat. 1950; 84: 132-145
- Body type and speech breathing.J Speech Hear Res. 1986; 29: 313-324
- Age and speech breathing.J Speech Hear Res. 1987; 30: 351-366
- Abdominal muscle use during quiet breathing and hypernea in uninformed subjects.J Appl Physiol. 1982; 52: 700-704
- Dynamics of the chest wall during speech production: function of the thorax, rib cage, diaphragm, and abdomen.J Speech Hear Res. 1976; 19: 297-356
- Breathing muscle activity and subglottal pressure dynamics in singing and speech.J Voice. 1987; 3: 258-261
*Presented at the Seventeenth Symposium on Care of the Professional Voice, June 6–10, 1988, New York, New York.